Lady Luck shines on me I drew a M8 Moose

bushwackr

Hi all, I finally got lucky this coming season , I drew a any moose for unit m8 in North Dakota. I am excited and kinda at a loss. I really havent seen any moose around. I am hoping someone here from north dakota can give me some direction as where to start. I have heard by cando, and by sarles.

I wish I was closer to Montana. I would defiantly hunt there. Thanks I hope all goes well

Bushwackr congrats on the tag, did you get a bull or a cow?When I got my tag a few years ago I went of in the Dunseith area in Mid Northern ND and just started asking farmers what they have seen and if they ever let people hunt on their land, in a lot of cases the answer will be YES if they have moose because they seem to cause farmers a few problems, mainly trampling crop and tearing up fences. If your from fargo generally try to keep that info to yourself as much as possible. I am sure that you know the politics of asking but that is what I did and I had a big cow by the end of my first day! I wish you very good luck!
Karl

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.