Ladder test works!

Yep, standard deviation. Basically its a comparison of the "average of the average" telling you how close a given round is likly to be to the average. Statistically, its a better indicator of a consistant velocity, but if you have a large enough population (in this instance, enough rounds fired across the chrony) the ES is just as accurate.
If youre just dying for more...
http://www.med.umkc.edu/tlwbiostats/variability.html

boy,what i musta missed by not goin to college! thanks! gearing up to ladder test the APS(50) AI soon!

SRHAGGERTY,
I am thinking about building a custom 25-284 for long range chuck hunting, over 500 yards. Tell me about your rifle is it custom, are you using VLD bullets? Tight neck chamber, barrel, trigger? How does it shoot? I was going to build a custom 6.5-284 but you can't use bullets heavier than 100 grains for varmint hunting in calibers larger than 25 here in New Jersey.

Thanks and good shooting!!

Al,
That was one of the reasons I built the gun along with deer. It was custom the gunsmith who built it is now the proud owner of it. I loved the gun and hated to see it go. I used Wildcats 125 RBBT ULD's. It had a rifle basix trigger. Nothing special about the neck chamber. THe barrel was a Lilja 3-groove.

give me just a few more days gentlemen... im working on a new article on the ladder test, complete with pics... just a little longer.

good deal, I was going to request your info also, but I'll wait for the new improved version.

maybe you could get a mod to just sticky a post from you about the ladder test under the handloading section to save you some email time?

i would like to work up a ladder test for my 300rum on saturday. what do i need to do? 10-20 shots in 1gr increments? sorry to bug ya, but how long till your new write up is done?
thanks guys..i should use the search function, but I have been really busy with work lately, and havn't had a lot of time to sit here and read about my favorite hobby...

Email sent, im still not happy with the article yet, so the new one is STILL not avalable. If I missed anybody, please let me know and ill email the old one tonight. SORRY!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts