Lack of data - My Frustration With Enduron Powders

LDHunter

Well... My title on this thread may have been a bit misleading. My frustration is not with its performance but rather with the lack of data. It seems that since the introduction of the Enduron powders a few years ago their parent company (Hodgdon) whom most of us look to for loading data for their powders has been largely negligent producing new data for these wonderful and somewhat more available powders than their venerable "H" line e.g. H4350 H4831 etc.

Looking at their burn rate chart there are prime examples of where they can likely duplicate performance with other powders, strangely the data to do just that is seemingly lacking. You can glean a little of the data by doing a quick google to find info like this.....
..... you then select what cartridge you want data that features that powder and voila you can find a little more data than their standard load data pages offer but frankly it's a fraction of what I'd have expected considering the amount of time the Enduron powders have been around.

Am I looking in the wrong place(s)?

Ive been testing the enduron powders for about 2 years. You're right. H has been lax. I couldn't find any data for it regarding my 284 Win. Maybe they are budget cutting or spending all their money buying up the other powder companies. Vista outdoors and Hodgdon are monopolizing the reloading world. A prelude to much higher pricing.
4451 in my testing, peaks out quick and works best at near max pressure in my 250AI and 257AI. Testing this week in my 284. I know it is awesome preventing copper fouling from the barnes bullets.
What are you shooting? Maybe I can help. Newer manuals are starting to show data. Another option is Gordons reloading tool, kind of like quickload and its free

It seems like there is lots of enduron information in the annual Hodgdon manuals.

it is not practical for them to redo load data for older/nearly obsolete cartridges. But you will find the info for most of the more popular or newer ones.

I tend to like new cartridge introductions. As an example the 28 Nosler is nearly identical in case capacity as my 7 STW. I can find data for Enduron for the 28 so I use that as a guide.

additionally I am very comfortable using the burn rate charts for Enduron and carefully working up loads: H4350 for 4451, H4831 for 4955...

I really like the Enduron powders.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts