Labradar vs magnetospeed v3

Labradar or magnetospeed

• Total voters
Never miss a shot!

Attachments

• 5655C082-0AD8-41D1-B332-D6D91BFAEE5B.jpeg
    5655C082-0AD8-41D1-B332-D6D91BFAEE5B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 172
Would you 'splain how you mount and use the switch & battery pack?
They both plug in using cables, so the battery just sits there on the bench, and the switch has a mag mount that sticks to the receiver. Switch uses a 1/8" headphone jack (skinny cable), and the battery pack is a 30,000mAh battery pack from Amazon that uses a USB (fat cable). You can see both of the in the ^^^ picture also.

I didnt' have any problems with catching rounds from supersonic or braked rifles using the mics in the unit, I started using the trigger specifically to catch suppressed subs and it worked so well I use it all the time now.

labradar.png

Switch:

Last edited:
They both plug in using cables, so the battery just sits there on the bench, and the switch has a mag mount that sticks to the receiver. Switch uses a 1/8" headphone jack (skinny cable), and the battery pack is a 30,000mAh battery pack from Amazon that uses a USB (fat cable). You can see both of the in the ^^^ picture also.

I didnt' have any problems with catching rounds from supersonic or braked rifles using the mics in the unit, I started using the trigger specifically to catch suppressed subs and it worked so well I use it all the time now.

View attachment 264541

Switch:
Sorry to be another pain but could you link to battery/cable you use and tripod setup? Thanks!

Another vote for LabRadar. I've used it indoors with pistol and outdoors for rifle and if it is picking up another shooter I've been able to dial the sensitivity to stop unwanted triggers. If it triggers from another shot it has never tracked that bullet so it doesn't affect my data.
It also picks up downrange data, you can play with if you want.

I have a Magnetospeed and a LabRadar. If you just want to know your MV after developing a load, MagSpeed works. However, as others have pointed out, when you work up loads knowing your MV is priceless and having that weight hanging off the barrel is a deal killer when it comes to testing loads with confidence.

If you pull the guts out of a Bic pen or grab a straw and use it to aim your LabRadar, you shouldn't have any issues with it picking up shots. I would also agree that it sometimes picks up other bullets on the range but I typically use it when the local range is not busy. In CO I have no issues with other shooters.

Attachments

• image4 (1).jpeg
    image4 (1).jpeg
    247.7 KB · Views: 118
LabRadar! Easy to use tripod is a must. Hook up a power source to the micro-USB like the Anker Power Core,
plug in the trigger (I ALWAYS use the trigger and never miss a shot) and aim the radar with the sight and you have a fail-safe, accurate chronograph for load development. It's really hard to compare the V3 and the LabRadar. Pretty much apples and oranges.

I have both a Labradar and a Magnetospeed. Both produce accurate data. The Labradar wins on ease of use, and the Magnetospeed wins on cost.

The Labradar is so easy to use, and doesn't disturb group size or point of aim, that I use it pretty much everytime I shoot at targets.

JMHO

Last edited:

View attachment 264541

Switch:
Thanks for the explanation. BTW is that at Alpine (pic)?

Labradar all day every day. I think most of the problems people have are from not following the directions. I shoot at the range every time I use it. With people all around. I use suppressed and unsuppressed guns. Pistols, rifles, airguns, archery. Not a single issue. I use it indoors and outdoors. I used it in at an indoor lane yesterday at the Scottsdale Gun Club with people all around me. Within a couple of me. Picked up all my shots and no one else's.

Glad this was brought up ive been debating this same question for my first chrono. Sounds like you need the LR, mount/tripod, external battery, and possibly a trigger? Does that sound correct??
That's the way I take it. The range I frequent has small benches so the Labradar has to be on a camera type tripod. Might want to figure that into your purchases. 👍🇺🇲