LabRadar Sights

[B]rqgarcia89[/B], great point about still aiming. I should have added that my primary use of the chrono is for muzzle velocity, I am not as concerned with down range velocity. In my experience the challenge is getting it to trigger based on position related to gun and aiming. Most of this goes away with KJL, MUCH less sensitive to aiming. Hopefully more clear.

JB

[B]rqgarcia89[/B], great point about still aiming. I should have added that my primary use of the chrono is for muzzle velocity, I am not as concerned with down range velocity. In my experience the challenge is getting it to trigger based on position related to gun and aiming. Most of this goes away with KJL, MUCH less sensitive to aiming. Hopefully more clear.

JB
Ah, yes totally agree. If down range velocity not important and just need that V0 at the muzzle, precision of aim not so critical...just need to set unit as close/parallel to barrel to get that initial reading. Yeah triggering via doppler is a total different issue, esp if you have a brake...just need to find that sweet spot position that works with your rifle OR as you and Feenix shared, having a JKL trigger removes that variable out of the equation and one less thing to worry about. Triggering hasn't been an issue for me with my 6.5CM and brake...I position it about 10 in. behind the brake, 4 in left of barrel and I get a solid reading every shot. With the brake, it's loud...so my sensitivity is set to 3 with no problem nor interference from other shooters near me.

I have aftermarket sights and laser sights on mine, but I no longer need them when I went with the JKL trigger.

Same with me too. I got the JKL recoil trigger and the Labradar is now so reliable. Its probably the most discussed set up issue for the Labradar but I have always just pointed it in the general direction and never had any issues on that front. Getting the Labradar to work on a busy range with the sound trigger was a PITA especially if I had a muzzle brake on. JKL solved all that and For $35 its the best investment!

I use a framing square to aim... it's even orange so it matches the radar and the Pelican case

I use the JKL trigger on everything, never miss a shot anymore. I also adjusted my ranges to be from 0-30 yards, not worried about catching anything further.

Just an FYI...ordered this after market sight from eBay for my Labradar. It's only a few bucks and fits perfectly. Is it critical to have, no not really, but it did help improve the readings a lot at the range by better aligning the unit to your target. The bubble level is cool too in maximizing proper alignment as well. Contact me if interested in source.
I've looked on ebay and it is gone. do you have the printable file, or know where to get one of these?