Labradar Question

I emailed them a while ago about using more than 1 gun, they told me a work around is to just use a different SD card for each gun.

Plug your labradar into your computer. It becomes an external drive. Go to that drive and you will see a list of all of your shot series. Open a shot series and you will see a CSV file that contains all of the shot series data. Save that CSV file to your computer and rename it something like 6.5CM ladder test 11-17-20. Save that file to a Folder named 6.5CM on your computer. Now you have all of your individual gun data stored in separate Folders for easy access.

New Labradar and have a question. If I bring 4 rifles to the range and alternate between them, how do I go back to series to keep adding rounds. For example, let's say I shoot 5 rounds of my 30-06 first, then move on to my other rifles, how do I go back to keep shooting series 1 when I pick up the 30-06 again?
I know you can go back to the last series and keep adding shots to it, but you can't go back into a later series and add shots to it. I suggest you shoot each rifle in tandem. no switching until your done with that rifle. OR shoot as you please, just keep track of each series you shoot with each rifle. The greatest thing about Excel is, how easy it is to manipulate the data from the LabRadar. As per say your situation. Watch this video:. .. Then you will want to take this free online course to understand what he is talking about.. https://trumpexcel.com/learn-excel/ ,,, A few hours of this and you will be understand how easy it is. For what it's worth, Learning excel was a whole lot easier than learning to reload.

Last edited:
One more thing about Excel. It is a ballistics calculator on steroids. Or any thing else for that matter.
You can take the velocities from what ever shots in any series and combined them, and with the right formulas have the info in less than a minute. I suggest you watch,, you will be glad you did. To get the most out of that expensive play toy. You will need to learn the simple basics of EXCEL. You will be laughing after you achieve this Task.

I have been able to delete shots from the iphone app. It takes a while for it to happen....like 30+ painful seconds and it is instantaneous when deleted directly from the unit's console.....but it will do it.

Get a faster card, it will speed that processing time up. Most of the 4gb cards are slow. The 32Gb cards are a lot faster.
Not the super cheap ones either.

I was having problems with bluetooth and labradar app. I called labradar about a few weeks ago and was told that the brand new labradar app will be out in a few months. Hope that will be a lot of improving! Crossing our fingers!
I was told in March that it would be out in August. LOL,, Dog gone Techs, What sux is my new phone will not work with
the app because of the low power blue tooth. Heck, it want even work with the blue tooth on my V3. I rely on a 2014 Android tablet to run the LabRadar and V3. At least, I'm not killing my phone while I'm at the range.

I just us a separate SD card and copy the data into my computer. I have not tried different loads/guns and track which shot is which but you should be able to separate them and run excel to get average (=AVG() ). Max and Min (=MAX() and =MIN() ), and finally SD (=DSTDEV()
Thank you Sir. With them 3 formulas he will be a Excel Picasso before it over.

I was told in March that it would be out in August. LOL,, Dog gone Techs, What sux is my new phone will not work with
the app because of the low power blue tooth. Heck, it want even work with the blue tooth on my V3. I rely on a 2014 Android tablet to run the LabRadar and V3. At least, I'm not killing my phone while I'm at the range.
Same as here! V3 works on my s10 and Tab E flawless! I knew the labradar app has a lot problems. I will call them in a few months to see if they release a brand new app. Better be!

I just emailed Labradar a bug report for this LOL, then I stumbled across this thread. This is a pretty basic feature, and should not be that hard to code. I bet someone hardcoded the "active" series as the last one created, instead of the making it dynamic to be the last one selected.

You can easily verify that the .lbr file in each series holds all the variables for that series...like how many shots there are, etc. If you manually delete shots from TRK folder off the SD card, then boot up the labradar, guess what all the series data stayed the same. But if you delete the .lbr file the series goes away, even if all the shot tracks are still there. On the other hand, if you delete a shot from the Labradar's interface, it deletes the track file and rebuilds/edits the .lbr file. The ability to edit a series by adding more shots should not be very difficult feature add, especially edits by deleting shots is already supported.

I might guess their firmware is split in 2...the A.bin file handles the device driver/hardware interface, and B.bin has the UI? It would be really nice if they would open source the UI part. Or at a very minimum give the format standard for the .lbr files. If we had that, it would be very simple to write a script that shuffles shots around between different series, e.g. it would be nice to create a new series that merges several previous ones. Like at an all day match - if you have a series for each of your relays morning, afternoon, and evening, it would be nice to create a new series that merges the entire day's shots. I could pound that code out easily...if I had the .lbr format.

EDIT: just got an email back suggesting the same multiple sd card workaround. I wouldn't care too much, except that the new 1.3.3 takes ~90 seconds to load at each boot, whereas the the old ones (1.2.4, 1.5.5) take <5 seconds. I wouldn't mind helping with your software projects, and I'm sure there are many like me who would give valuable contributions. I've had it on my todo to for some time to make some scripts for post-processing shot track files. A weighted least squares, with normalized SNRs, in the neighborhood of each desired distance, gives an almost exact result to their velocities. The small variation is likely due to how they normalize the SNRs to create weights, or their threshold/criteria for throwing out outlier signals, etc.

a laptop app would be nice too.