LabRadar new app upgrade just released

I've tried to pair my iPhone many times and it will not work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Maybe my LabRadar can't do it. I've had it for probably 4-5 years now.
Do the earlier models not have the capabilities to pair with a smart phone ?

according to an email I received this afternoon from Labradar, changes include:
  • Improved Bluetooth connectivity
  • Create notes for each shot and series
  • Add weather conditions
  • Create custom names for each series
  • Ke can be displayed in Joules and Ft.lb
  • Export files via email in CSV format
  • Create a custom name for your LabRadar
  • Quick entry of bullet weight for Power Factor calculations
I also saw this video last week going over the changes.

I've tried to pair my iPhone many times and it will not work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Maybe my LabRadar can't do it. I've had it for probably 4-5 years now.
Do the earlier models not have the capabilities to pair with a smart phone ?
Might have to do a software update on it.

The new interface takes some getting used to. I do like that you can name each series and makes notes on each shot individually. That was badly needed.

Make sure you update your Labradar to the most current firmware or the updated app will not work.

One thing I feel was a step backwards is when creating a new series, you can't arm from the phone/tablet. You have to do the first arm from the Labradar and then you can arm/disarm via phone/tablet after that.

The new app requires a firmware update.

So what are the chances of bricking this LabRadar by doing a firmware update? And will they cover it?

Little chance of bricking it. You basically put the firmware on the SD card and reboot. The system looks for the firmware on the card and upgrades. You can put the old one there if the new doesn't work.

The new update does improve usability at some levels. But missed on other levels. I emailed them thru the contact us link. My complaint was that once home from the range I now have to turn on the lab radar to view series info from each series. Before the update my phone app stored the data for viewing off line. But this last update changed that. Now the only info viewable off line is the last series.