LabRadar Lite

powermax

I'm behind the times a little... just purchased a LabRadar Lite, wow what a upgrade from what I was using, easy to set up, works regardless of light conditions, wish I would've had it 20 years ago!
still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles but at last I'm getting a Vo reading without an error because the light conditions wasn't perfect!

anyone have great info on use? basically its set up & bang you have a Vo reading right, 👍

would've thought a hard protective case would be included but the cardboard box it came will be ok for now,.

I love my LabRadar, but I found "v" notch sight on the top of the unit to be rather inadequate, so I purchased an aftermarket sight. The one I have is a machined plastic tube sight that mounts to the unit with a single screw, and it has made sighting in my LabRadar way easier. Do a google search and you can find different sight configurations that machine shops are making.

I also purchased the padded case that LabRadar makes, and yes, it should come with the unit.

The best accessory I purchased was a JKL Precision trigger. I don't miss shots any longer.

I've been using one for quite a while now. Buy an Apache case from Harbor Freight. It will hold the chronograph, tripod, wires, batteries and more. It is nearly indestructible and reasonably priced.

I bought the inertia trigger and never needed it. The unit just works great without it.

I found aiming the unit very easy. The beam must be wide. Many original users recommended placing a straw in the V notch for aiming. I tried it, it works, but never found it necessary.

After trying various ways to mount the LabRadar, I settled on using a tripod right next to the bench and within easy reach for me. I keep it even with the muzzle and about 9" to the side. Positioned this way it works on rifles with or without a brake. It also can't get bumped off the bench.

The best accessory I purchased was a JKL Precision trigger. I don't miss shots any longer.

^^^This!^^^

I mounted mine on a cheap craftsman sawhorse from lowes. Its attached with a cheap arca swiss ball head from eBay.. Works awesome for shooting prone.
61B83E30-8A91-48FD-94AF-70CAAFD90B27.png

I mounted mine on a cheap craftsman sawhorse from lowes. Its attached with a cheap arca swiss ball head from eBay.. Works awesome for shooting prone.
View attachment 385279.
LOL, I did that over 2 years ago >>>https://www.longrangeonly.com/forum/threads/my-18-labradar-quad-pod-version.7520/

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/labradar-issues-and-the-solution-the-quad-pod.242115/

1659837696899.png

1659837718133.png

1659838109456.png

1659837754264.png

1659838210904.png

@jimbires and other LRH and LRO members build similar shortly after posting it.

Last edited:
If using a muzzle brake set the unit 8" to the side of the barrel. Make this adjustment in the setup section of the software. Place the unit about 10" behind the brake. This will prevent the blast deflection from the brake interfering with the radar beam.