Labradar help

Gray ops arcade plate cost almost half as much as my labradar did. Looks nice tho. Unless your talking about the orange 4 way adapter. 35.00

Ok much cheaper than the other one. Thanks.

Only time I have issues is if the thing isn't aimed properly. I've been meaning to order the sight from MK machine.
I use the tripod that Labradar sells. works decent, my complaint is the arca plate wiggles loose. I actually just found one from Gray Ops that kinda locks on with finger, that is a good soloution

I've never seen a need for the MK sight but if you want to save a few bucks, just use a few inches of an aluminum arrow, the fatter, the better. You can lay it in the V notch when positioning. Not much different than the straw that early LabRadar users were using.

I've never seen a need for the MK sight but if you want to save a few bucks, just use a few inches of an aluminum arrow, the fatter, the better. You can lay it in the V notch when positioning. Not much different than the straw that early LabRadar users were using.
I just feel it makes it easier. I've done the straw and tape thing but it inevitably falls off eventually. just be nice it's there and never worry about it again.

Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.

Here is what I use on the bench. I've seen Labradars on tripods get blown off the bench.

SINCLAIR INTERNATIONAL SINCLAIR BENCH MOUNT SCOPE STAND | Brownells
https://www.brownells.com/optics-mo...nclair-bench-mount-scope-stand-prod37923.aspx

I just feel it makes it easier. I've done the straw and tape thing but it inevitably falls off eventually. just be nice it's there and never worry about it again.

Good point.

I started using the silly straw but found that the LabRadar just wasn't very sensitive to aiming. At our club, we have berms at 200yds and 400yds. They are at rather different angles when viewed from the bench. I always set up on the 400yd berm. Occasionally, when I'm letting a rifle cool down, I'll grab a short range rifle and take a few shots at the 200yd targets. The LabRadar will frequently pick up and record the shots @ 200yds even though it is aimed away from that location.

Either way, the MK aiming device is nicely designed and very compact. I'm sure it will help when more precise aiming is desirable.

It is not. I have no problem with my suppressed rifles. I simply put the muzzle about 2" behind the LR and about 4" to the side.
338 Lapua with a TBAC suppressor and it will not trigger, I had to use the airgun trigger sensor. That said I wouldnt hesitate to get one, they are the only way to fly.

I've only had one failure to read in several hundred shots with mine. Bought it second hand on here. Came with the quadpod. Place it near the muzzle, suppressed or not and it has functioned. Haven't had to be overly careful about where it's pointed. I line it up square to the bench and shoot. I do position it slightly forward of the muzzle.

338 Lapua with a TBAC suppressor and it will not trigger, I had to use the airgun trigger sensor. That said I wouldnt hesitate to get one, they are the only way to fly.
This is why I asked. Guess I'll try it out and see what happens. I've heard numerous stories like yours.

I've had one for a couple years. I just use a regular sized tripod. Works fine. The unit comes with instructions on how to set it up and how to use it with and without muzzle brakes. I set up a few inches off to the side of the muzzle. Using the aiming notch cast into the plastic has always worked fine for me. I use a simple USB battery pack to power it, like this:
portable battery pack
Don't forget to get a cable with the battery pack.
I have not used mine with suppressed.
At the time I got mine, the US models were OOS, but Brownells had one of the Euro models. I talked to the Labradar people and they said it would work fine here. I don't remember the details, but I think the difference was some minor difference in range capability, due to Euro RF restrictions. So I got the Euro model, and it's worked great for me. No issues.

Last edited:
Hearing that the labradar chronos are not dependable without the sensor triggers. True or false ? I have no problem getting one but which one is the preferred model ? Also, any recommendations on tripods or unit stands for use ? Cases for containment or batteries vs battery pack ? Sorry lots of questions here.
If its not set right it can be picky. But friend of mine bought the recoil trigger and had no problems. Before if he was at range it might pick up another gun. Not now.

Good info Varment Hunter Thanks as I've been thinking about ditching my Oehler 35 too and getting a Labradar.

2 things one needs is quadpod and recoil trigger !!

I've had one for a couple years. I just use a regular sized tripod. Works fine. The unit comes with instructions on how to set it up and how to use it with and without muzzle brakes. I set up a few inches off to the side of the muzzle. Using the aiming notch cast into the plastic has always worked fine for me. I use a simple USB battery pack to power it, like this:
portable battery pack
Don't forget to get a cable with the battery pack.
I have not used mine with suppressed.
At the time I got mine, the US models were OOS, but Brownells had one of the Euro models. I talked to the Labradar people and they said it would work fine here. I don't remember the details, but I think the difference was some minor difference in range capability, due to Euro RF restrictions. So I got the Euro model, and it's worked great for me. No issues.
What size port is on the labradar for using the cable/battery pack ?