Lab radar opinions

How the heck does the app connect ? My phone finds it but it says disabled.
There are no real clear directions on what to do.

I do not have a labradar.... have seriously considered purchasing one. However, at our local public range where I volunteer many hours a week (10 miles from the house) the baffles prevent using a lab-radar from the bench. Yes the baffles are low, that is part of a huge screw up by the state and their contractor(s) as far as I am concerned. I know one shooter well who has a lab radar and he can only get it to work prone on the range.

The Oehler is a monstrosity to put together and hook up. Great chronograph, but life is too short for me to assemble that thing everytime I want to test loads.

I used the app...it keeps disconnecting - seems like when the unit is armed it doesn't stay connected and if the unit is armed it won't reconnect. But as soon as I disarm it will reconnect.

Only real benefit of the app I see is the ability to arm without reaching for the unit or disturbing the unit's aim, and getting the info off the unit. Now I just look at my phone to put targets and velocity data together.

Am I alone in having it disconnect frequently (like every 30 seconds).

I'm using Android, but not experiencing disconnects. Haven't heard of that being a common problem so far...

Last edited:
I used the 35P Oehler for over 20 years and was satisfied - even with its limitations. Since I have started using the LabRadar over the last year the Oehler has only gathered dust. I use the plate to position mine on the shooting bench but secure with a 25 lb sack of lead shot - otherwise after a while the muzzle blast with gradually rotate the unit to where it eventually will no longer record. Also as previously noted the rechargeable battery pack is a good investment. I have not downloaded the app but it sounds like something I would find useful. 100% endorsement.

Mine is disconnecting as well (iPhone).

It also shows units on my phone as metric, while all of them on the unit are Imperial.

One of the guys on here helped sort me out with the display on metric. If you touch the LabRadar icon at the top left of the screen a menu will appear, the display settings are in there. If that doesn't work put your finger on the left hand edge of the screen and swipe right. My phone (andriod) doesn't disconnect so I can't help with that sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.