Kuiu

I've posted a few questions here and other forums asking for clothing recommendations. Kuiu always seems to get more votes. I sit in hides while rifle hunting, but I often find myself still hunting. I'm thinking of keeping my under armor base layer, then getting attack pants for early and mid season outer layer. These will double as a mid layer for late season sits. Still undecided about the outer layer. I also have an AFTCO reaper hoodie that's good for archery.

The founder has passed. Jason Hairston.Started both companies,was always in all there vidieos.

Last edited:
Kuiu has a great marketing strategy. This keeps the price lower than the high end competition. I think Kuiu sizes run a bit small. The founder Jason Hairston died a while back, his wife is now in charge. Their newest patterns are great.

I'm a Kuiu fan, got one of the sweaters to wear as a winter coat a while back. Great coat, and people tend to like it.

I like there gear,seems like prices are higher,compared to like items sitka now or Kifaru. Like the new color.Seems the outlet not as many deals on camo,more branded day wear

I've posted a few questions here and other forums asking for clothing recommendations. Kuiu always seems to get more votes. I sit in hides while rifle hunting, but I often find myself still hunting. I'm thinking of keeping my under armor base layer, then getting attack pants for early and mid season outer layer. These will double as a mid layer for late season sits. Still undecided about the outer layer. I also have an AFTCO reaper hoodie that's good for archery.
You can't go wrong with the attack pant. I have several different styles of kuiu pants and the attack pants are my go to pant. I don't know if I'd use them as a mid-layer though, if that's what your thinking, unless you're talking about wearing a bib-style setup over them. I don't know what temp range your hunting in, but I've worn my attack pant in 10F-110F and I just adjust my base/insulation layer accordingly. Their peloton, merino, and down base/insulation layers are also top notch.

They also have a great warranty. Any defects in workmanship will be replaced. I like their tiburon pants as well as the attack pants. Both are great for daily wear or hunting. Guide vest is nice. I have one in OD and orange. It's nice for hunting as it's not bulky. All of their clothes provide good movement.

I'm beginning to be a big fan of KUIU clothing after seeing how well the TORAY brand down DWR is rated and the good KUIU designs.
Don't own any yet but that's likely to change.