Kuiu tents

KSB209

Looking at the Kuiu tents. Anything negative? Been looking a a new 2 person because my 1 person is just a little to small when stuck in a rain storm and have to keep all my gear in the tent while I wait it out. The Kuiu tents look nice but at $400 they are an investment

I had the same issue, but I hunt with a friend, so I got the 3- person. I love it. I'm hard on things and I thought I'd break this. We took it to Prince of Wales the first year and it was amazing. We got dumped on almost every day/night. The earth was sopping wet but the bathtub floor liner kept us bone dry (I'm still in awe).
Very impressed and I would recommend.

since then, it's been on family backpacking trips, surviving 2 hunting dogs, and my 8 and a 6 year old kids.

I have had the Mountain Star two person tent since they came out. Lots of use here in AZ and two back pack hunts in Alaska and still going strong. Well worth it in my opinion.
Darr
373F7204-59C3-4B5A-A4A1-658B6F469C4B.jpeg

Last edited:
I too have the Mountain Star two person and love it. Its been on many outings, hunting, backpacking, and even national park visits over the years without issue.

If you are looking for deals from Kuiu, sign up for their inner circle rewards. They also do sales pretty regularly and you can get a pretty hefty discount (~30%?) off one item on your birthday. I buy most of my stuff from them when its on sale, but its worth the regular asking price.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.