Kuiu gear

I have pretty much everything they make. I've been collecting it since they opened.

I have the 1850 carbon frame pack and I love it. I put a camelback 100 oz bladder in it. Lots of water but hunting early season blacktails the temps are over 100 so we go through most of it in a day. My pack is normally around 23 or so pounds and I have used it to pack a boned out hog and it performed great.

I also sold my Sitka gear once I started using the Kuiu. The biggest difference I noticed between the two was breathability. No comparison. I was sweating like a pig in Sitka and almost no sweat in Kuiu.

You won't be sorry with any Kuiu purchases.

Great stuff from both brands but I would lean towards kuiu personally....

The kuiu frame scares me. I was shopping for a new pack last year and asked many fellow guides what they thought of them and was shocked to hear three of the four that owned them had broke the frames way back in the rhubarb only to struggle some weight out of the backcountry with duct tape and cordage. Perhaps too brittle.

Personally I went with frontier gear of Alaska, (Yukon pack).... Very happy with it! Packed out an entire Sitka blacktail in the round for three miles of alder scrub. Also, tested its weight displacement by putting my girlfriend in it lol..... The deer weighed a bit more lol....

I'm feeling pretty good in as much as I won Garth Carter's/ Hunt'in Fool Winter giveaway for the complete Kuiu gear package.

It will be put to good use. I just hate to give up my Ebrelstock for the Kuiu pack and I may not. I'm sure I can find a good home for it if I decide to keep my Ebrelstock instead.

First thing I've ever won in my entire life .... besides my wife that is.:)

:cool:
I'm feeling pretty good in as much as I won Garth Carter's/ Hunt'in Fool Winter giveaway for the complete Kuiu gear package.

It will be put to good use. I just hate to give up my Ebrelstock for the Kuiu pack and I may not. I'm sure I can find a good home for it if I decide to keep my Ebrelstock instead.

First thing I've ever won in my entire life .... besides my wife that is.:)

I own a j107m and bought a kuiu 7000 last year for my sheep back pack hunt. Went in with 78lbs, came out with around 100.. There is no comparison in packs kuiu hands down,,JMO Nice package to win...

My only nagging question is.... Does the Kuiu pack have the on board rifle scabbard the Ebrelstock has? I've grown accustomed to having my rifle in the pack and accessable by reaching over my head and pulling it out instead of carrying it on my shoulder.... My primary reason for buying the Ebrelstock in the first place...

Makes it much easier for hiking/carrying.

Finally, in as much as there are only 2 pattern choices and while I hunt out west with the group, the majority of my hunting is back east here in Northern Michigan on my owned property. I'd sure like to be able to use the Kuiu gear here as well so is the Vias pattern or the other pattern more adaptable concealment wise back here in the hardwood forests of Northern Michigan (but still acceptable out west).

I haven't redeemed my prize yet so there is time to decide and I'd like some actual advice prior to placing the order and chancing it....

I realize both patterns are acceptable out west but whuch pattern is more suitable back here?

I have some of both and I like the digital in areas of riverbottoms to mtntops, it works everywhere. I had some Sitka, its gone now and have much in the Kuiu merino wool that works so well here in NW MT. I also picked up the Yukon Jacket and pants, They have been Stellar in the wet winter weather we have had and huge snow lately. Snowshoeing up high and hard in remote spots hunting and trapping wolves, it has proven to be very breathable and great in all conditions.

i own almost the entire Kuiu line. Every piece is the best in it's class except for the pants. Kuiu pants are excellent, but in my opinion the Sikta Timberline pants are the best as they have built in knee pads and waterproof seat. That said, i love the Kuiu gear so much that I reach for the Sitka stuff less and less frequently. I have not used any of their packs because I love my Kifaru T2. Still, I find myself looking at their new line of UL packs and find myself rationalizing another purchase...

Just ordered the bino harness in verde for my Vortex Diamondback 8x42s. Can't wait to test it out. I have to say it's the first system where the design looks just perfect. Hope it meets my expectations.

I just pre ordered the ultra 6000. Sounds like the bugs are worked out on the frame. Time will tell, I'm not getting rid of my Dana just yet but excited to shed 4 lbs.

My son is the family full time big game hunter. He uses Kuiu gear exclusively, from the flat lands to high rocky mountain peaks. He says he's never found anything to compare with it. Strong, light weight, rugged, and every other positive attribute you might assign to to quality gear. We're among the fortunate few who have an outlet within easy driving distance - :cool:
From what I've seen of it, I would never look to Kuiu for "cheap" - I look to them for quality I can count on.

Still haven't contacted Kuiu. Got my conformation letter from Hunt'in Fool with the contact information so I'll have to order up my gear. I'm actually going to let my wife order the stuff with the exception of outerwear, she knows my sizes better than I do and I'm going to go with the green tint camo. The tan stuff would be fine if I just hunted out west. I don't. 10 percent out west and 90 percent back here, in the east, in the woods.

I'm very happy with my Kennetrecks and my Meindl's so new boots aren't needed. I actually like the Meind's a bit better. They give me a tad bit better support sidehilling and both fit just fine. I canned the Meindl footbeds and replaced them with Kennetrec footbeds.

Hoping Jason will let me substitute the backpack for a mummy bag and some cash....

For what I do, my Ebrelstock works just fine. I'm a day packer so a big backpack, I don't need. I can't multiple overnight in a tent, I have to sleep on a machine or I turn into a zombie...Sleep Apena. One night, just fine, second night gets ugly.

I think the next up will be that Pierce Precision rifle I've been wanting.