Kuiu gear

E Wa Hunter

Has any one out there tried any of the kuiu gear? Clothing, packs, bino harness etc. I am looking at getting some new gear and this stuff seems to be on par if with other high end gear like Sitka. It is also getting good review from magazine like Eastmans. Any thoughts?

It is pretty much all very good stuff. Been using it passed 3 yrs from their beginning. I also have a full set of Sitka stuff and it just sits at home now.
Biggest issue is having your size in stock and getting it before you need it.

I would definitely look into the kryptek line of things I purchased two pairs of pants the rain gear set base layers and vest I absolutely love the gear. I had a a bunch of sitka gear and decided to sell it all because wasn't going to spend around $850 on a rain gear set, that is dumb. So I tried the whole line of kryptek gear and it is the same quality if not better and the price is a whole lot better,I would never go back to sitka after wearing it. Two guys that were snipers designed it and they knew what they were doing, any question on it pm me

For those of you who have answered is it worth the money? It seems to be on par with other high end gear, and if I am going to drop that kind of coin it had better hold up...

Here's my .02 on Kuiu and Sitka Gear. I am what you would call an active hunter. I have tried many brands of camo hunting gear that I hoped would keep me dry while hunting the Oregon coast range. The problem here is that while it's raining it's also 50*....very humid. For me Kuiu and Sitka are in a tie for being light weight, durable, and most important breathable...as long as the DWR holds up. I sweat like crazy and with a good merino wool base layer...I use Smart Wool 150gm2 micro weight, this stuff manages to keep the rain off while not overheating me so when I do stop to glass I don't get that cold/clammy feeling.
Both camo patterns also work much better at longer ranges to break up the human silhouette.
For me it's a few base layers with a hard shell and a Kuiu Down shirt in my pack for insulation when needed. To me it's worth every penny and the Sitka Gear can be had cheaper if you shop for it.

Absolutely worth it, hands down the best technical hunting gear I have owned. I spend anywhere between 30-45 days afield during the season and my gear gets used hard. I had a full Sitka set for 2 years and liked it. I tried out some Kuiu and now my Sitka gear is all sold off. In my opinion Kuiu has a better quality product and better customer service. You won't be disappointed if you purchase Kuiu gear.

Mac

The founder of Kuiu started Sitka and grew the company to large success and then sold it to Gore Inc. I have quite a bit of Kuiu gear and it is top notch. I wouldn't replace any of it with any other company's gear, not to say there isn't other good stuff out there. Their product development and customer service are exceptional and the way he runs the company is much more quality driven and personal. In my opinion Kuiu gear is equal or better than the best stuff out there for the technical, go-hard hunter. That quality also comes at a better price and you don't have to pay ridiculous retail mark-up. Of course they aren't perfect and they may make a mistake here or there like anybody else. I just haven't seen it. The only drawback I recognize is if you order something and it doesn't fit you have to send it back and exchange it, and that takes time. I am a backcountry hunting guide in Idaho so this stuff has been through the ringer. Highly recommended. Kuiu gear I own: Icon 5200 pack, Tiburon top and pant, attack pant, chugach rain jacket, merino 185 zip, merino 185 beanie.

I have the attack pants and have been putting them to the test this year elk hunting. Over 50 miles in them and they are performing well. I was about to jump full into their line but recent reports of some issues with their merino base layers have put that on hold. Ill wait and see how this gets resolved before buying more.

I have several pieces of the Merino Wool Kuiu gear, been used hard now for several years. By far and away the best Ive used. I have a Super down hooded jacket that is doing superb also. Ive had a bit of Sitka. But I'll use Kuiu now.

I picked up a guide coat and pants as well as the attack pant. They have worked great in the Wester Wa modern elk and deer seasons. Seem to keep the rain and wind out fairly well. Very light, dries quickly and moves freely. Very happy with everything and will be telling everyone to look at them. One downfall is that the attack pant seems to snag on everything but he guide pants don't.

Any one out there have experiance with thier packs? The carbon fiber frame is intriguing.