KRG Bravo vs Stock

nksmfamjp

I have a KRG Bravo Rem 700 LA for a long range hunting build. I bought it after trying a few on factory rifles at the store, but I have no field experience with it. I can't imagine anything stiffer! It seems to have the right weight.

My other customs are a Bell & Carlson W70 Sporter stock with 14" lop and a MDT on a Savage custom. My favorite of those is the B&C. I have handled HS Presicion, McMillan and Manners, but not in the field.

So, I get this KRG and it seems like what I want, but for those whom have run the KRG Bravo and other high end stocks, what am I giving up, if anything?

I'm not asking you to tell me what stock to buy, just what are the criteria for your decision?

For me, I went with the KRG bravo on my tikka CTR mainly because the tikka factory stocks aren't what I want but I wanted a very comfortable super rigid stock/chassis that I could adjust to fit me how I wanted and I didn't want to spend 1K on a chassis either,,, but I have had splendid luck with it. I also have HS precisio, McMillan and Bell and Carlson stocks on several guns as well.

Overall I am a huge fan of the KRG Bravo.

For me, I went with the KRG bravo on my tikka CTR mainly because the tikka factory stocks aren't what I want but I wanted a very comfortable super rigid stock/chassis that I could adjust to fit me how I wanted and I didn't want to spend 1K on a chassis either,,, but I have had splendid luck with it. I also have HS precisio, McMillan and Bell and Carlson stocks on several guns as well.

Overall I am a huge fan of the KRG Bravo.
On a Rem 700 long range hunter, would you choose KRG Bravo or one of the stock options?

Depends on the purpose of the gun. For target shooting and optimum comfort/support, KRG.
For all weather hunting, carrying in the mountains and most streamlined I would choose the bell and Carlson or something like that.

I have a bravo, I suppose a traditional stock with adj cheek piece might pull the weight back, but I see nothing wrong with hunting with one

For my Tikka CTR, I have Bell & Carlson target competition , and the Bravo.
I go back and forth depending on the mood I'm in.

Why settle for one or the other when it's 2 quick bolts and slap it into another stock.