Kowa Prominar Binos

mechengr

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Prominar XD line of binos from Kowa, specifically the 12x56s. I'm in the market for a set of mid power binos to run on a tripod, hoping to stay under $750. I was originally looking at the Maven C.3 12x50s since they're well within budget and I've found lots of favorable opinions on the glass other than their narrow FOV. Then I came across the Kowas, seem to have excellent FOV and I've heard praises of the glass quality in the Kowa Prominar spotters.

Open to other bino suggestions as well in the 12x-15x range. I'll be using them mainly for hunting/scouting but they'll also see a bit of use spotting impacts at PRS/NRL matches.

Thanks all!

I own the Prominar BD-XDs in 8x56 ( which is optically perfect exit pupil size - 7mm) and can tell you they are about the best Binos I have ever looked thru. Yes, I am including Swaros.....:D

The Kowa 12x56's are a great glass. We've sold a bunch with wonderful feedback. Please give us a call to discuss it.
Doug
516-217-1000
Thanks for the reply Doug. Do you have hands on experience with these? One additional thing I'm curious about is how forgiving the depth of field is on this model

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.