Kolpin Gun Boot and Cases for ATV/UTV?

95huskers

I wasn't quite sure where to post this question so please feel free to move it if I'm in the wrong forum.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Kolpin Gun Boots and Cases for ATV/UTV's. My question is regarding the gun case mainly. Are they big enough to accommodate a rifle with a large objective scope? The description says so but would rather hear from someone with experience. I have a 7mm with a 24" barrel and a Nightforce 5-22x50 scope as the biggest gun that would go in there. Please give me any feedback you might have. Thanks!

Unless there' a new model i don't think so. The one's I've had don't have clearance for the bigger windage turrets.

Mine worked fine with a 52mm scope that had a TAC elevation turret and a capped windage turret, but when my son tried it with his Vortex PST, the uncapped windage dial moved 2 complete revolutions and wore a hole in the liner in one day. So it would depend on your turret setup. Length and stock-fit were fine with 26" barrel+ brake on EH-1 stock.

Yeah, the turret is the issue. I also have a PST and it is way too tight of a fit for me to be comfortable using it. Instead I just bungee my regular case on the ATV if I need to use it.

The three kolpin cases I've got fit my hst, but as others have said the exposed turrets will get moved. I use a scope coat to eliminate that problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.