Kodiak DIY Bear Hunt Follow Along Thread

backyardsniper

After a solid year and a half of planning it has finally arrived. A childhood friend of mine drew the Red Lake/Olga Bay bear tag on Kodiak for this spring and since he is a resident, stationed there with the Coast Guard, we are going to have the opportunity to do this on our own with no guide. When he told me that he had drawn this tag I knew instantly that I had to go with him. The opportunity to be a part of a hunt like this is a once in a lifetime event for most of us and I was not about to pass it up. We are scheduled to fly out of Raleigh on Saturday and get into the bush on Monday. There will obviously be a several day break in the reports while we are in the bush but I will do my best to keep this thread updated with new pics and reports as we go along.
Right now we are still in N.C., I made the 13 hour drive out here from KY to meet up and we will fly from here to Kodiak. We are currently in the sorting and cataloguing gear, double checking weapons and ammo, map recon, BBQing ribs and having frosty refreshments phase of the operation. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics later tonight of our pre hunt operations.

Best of Luck to you guys !
Be Safe and report back please !
This is a Dream Hunt for some of us !

RumMan

Good Luck! May it be the most exciting hunt that either of you have made. Exciting, but coming back in one piece.....with photos and a story! memtb

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.