Knight ultralight .45 or CVA accura v2 LR .45

Sam Aspacher

Very different guns I know. Looking from the perspective of cost and accuracy. 1150 for the Knight, 600 for the Cva. Both premium barrels with nitride. Hear good reviews on both. I like that the Knight is a pound lighter, has timney trigger and stock design I'm used to. Also like the CVA breech plug removes easy and can be replaced for $30. Plus would save an extra $550.
Is the Knight worth the extra cost? Do you think there's more accuracy potential from the Knight or same?

More specifically, both with Magnum 209 primers and blackhorn 209. Initially looked at the CVA and the 280 Power belt ELR. Wondering if there's more potential with the Knight and something like the 325 Pitman Accumax smooth sized to shoot sabotless. So on top of the gun cost I'm also buying a sizing die and realize it may take some extra time to dial in compared to the ELR/CVA combo.
Setting up to hunt Mule deer and Coues deer. Besides the weight savings, is the Knight worth the extra $?

I personally would go with the CVA the extra weight is mostly in the length of the barrel it comes with a 30 inch barrel made by Bergara comes with scope mounts I've had very good luck with CVAs although I haven't had this model the difference in cost nearly half price is just the clincher also a break open model is much easier to reach the primer a bolt rifle makes the primer very hard to get to

45cal or 50cal?

As for the Knight vs CVA, if its a 50cal rifle my choice would be the Knight, even though the price is more. I would also change the Knight breech plug to a custom plug from Bestill Creations LLC, which will never require replacement nor will it leak.
To get the same durability with a CVA rifle, you would have to go to the newly designed and after market breech plug, which uses modules and LRMP's instead of 209 primers.

If you're looking at a 45cal rifle, then things "might" change. CVA has hit the nail on the head with their new, fast twist 45cal rifles. And I'm not a CVA fan. There's been some excellent photos of game animals that were taken by the new Paramount, and at long range. There are some really good long range targets being shot with the 45cal Accura LR rifle that will rival most CF rifles.
However, Knight has dominated 45cal competition at modern inline rifle competitions. CVA hasn't even been able to show. That may change this year with the new CVA rifles...… IF...… there are any competitions because of the virus lock down.

45cal or 50cal?

As for the Knight vs CVA, if its a 50cal rifle my choice would be the Knight, even though the price is more. I would also change the Knight breech plug to a custom plug from Bestill Creations LLC, which will never require replacement nor will it leak.
To get the same durability with a CVA rifle, you would have to go to the newly designed and after market breech plug, which uses modules and LRMP's instead of 209 primers.

If you're looking at a 45cal rifle, then things "might" change. CVA has hit the nail on the head with their new, fast twist 45cal rifles. And I'm not a CVA fan. There's been some excellent photos of game animals that were taken by the new Paramount, and at long range. There are some really good long range targets being shot with the 45cal Accura LR rifle that will rival most CF rifles.
However, Knight has dominated 45cal competition at modern inline rifle competitions. CVA hasn't even been able to show. That may change this year with the new CVA rifles...… IF...… there are any competitions because of the virus lock down.
The title of this thread did say 45 caliber

I'm a Knight fan, about 4 left now, mostly older Elites. The last 5 years or so I've been using a 45 cal Elite for deer hunting, 2218 FPS with 115 grns B209, 195 Barnes or 200 grn Hornady XTP bullet.

Last Fall I only took two shots, someone's wounded 8 point & an adult anterless. It was toward the end of my hunt, wanted to fill the two tags, IL.

Back in the day one could easily buy a NIB Elite for $200. I've ever found reason to look further.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.