Knight KP1's???

KDB

Ok. I have been jonesin for a new toy and have come across some new Kp1's for cheap. The choices are 45/70, 270, and 30/06. I have been wanting a brush gun for woods hunting, so I am leaning toward the 45/70, but the 270 is also a consideration.

My question is...Has anyone shot one of these and what kind of accuracy can be expected with handloads and/or factory? General pro's and con's?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Kevin

I too recently picked up a couple kp1's . I havent had alot of range time yet but they seem to be forearm pressure sensitive like most break open rifles.I have spent some time with a 308 kp1 . I like the handling and looks of the gun. I worked on the trigger some to get it to a managable pull& feel. Scope mounts seem to be very limited, I installed a dednutz mount on mine. the 308 seems to group ok if you can keep the forearm pressure consistent. More time will tell if its a keeper or another singleshot that I wil grow tired of working with.

Thanks for the post. I ordered one in 45-70. I got it on Gunbroker for $212.00 new. At that price, I can't get hurt too bad.

Are the triggers adjustable? I thought that I read that they were not and had alot of creep due to the transfer bar.

Let me know how things turn out.

Kevin

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.