Knife disc elite

Slippy field

Got a knight disc elite and was wondering if bh209 would work without upgrading Breech plug. Been shooting 777 and getting tired of the crud ring.
Thanks

I have a Knight Disc Master Hunter. You will get alot of blowback if you shoot BH209 without upgrading the breech plug. You can minimize the crud ring by running a damp windex patch between shots and avoing using anything petroleum based in your cleaning regimen. Also try using a milder primer such as the Winchester T7 primer. These help to keep the crud ring at a minimum. I can usually get 4-5 shots off without having to worry about it.

I have a Knight Disc Master Hunter. You will get alot of blowback if you shoot BH209 without upgrading the breech plug. You can minimize the crud ring by running a damp windex patch between shots and avoing using anything petroleum based in your cleaning regimen. Also try using a milder primer such as the Winchester T7 primer. These help to keep the crud ring at a minimum. I can usually get 4-5 shots off without having to worry about it.
Been shooting triple seven pellets for years and thought I would change it up. Just don't want to spend 100 for knights upgrade with new bolt and plug. What kinda of blow back do you get with bh209?

I had enough blowback that I didn't want to use it at all. The T7 is very accurate in my rifle and is considerably cheaper to shoot. Once I learned to use the Windex with ammonia my crud ring problem went away.

Use Windex between shots and the Winchester primers and there won't be any build-up. Even just a spit patch will do about as well.

I'm finding around 110gr without issue, but some use 120gr... may be more rifle specific... past 110gr, my primers don't want to fall out on extraction.

Thanks, I have a couple of the Disc Elite rifles that I picked up several years ago and got distracted by other projects.
I am now considering either setting them up for elk and deer hunting in the western states vs going with one of the more modern choices... If I can get close to the modern muzzle loaders performance, I will use the Knights.
I have also considered just dedicating the Disc Elites to use in the restricted states like Colorado.

I have an Original Disc that has been converted. I am using 120gr Blackhorn with a 250gr Hornady FTX w/ Red Crush Rib. Barrel has been shortened to about 18". Haven't chronoed that load. I did chrono the 210gr Maximus with 110 gr BH and it was running about 2110 fps from this short barrel.

I converted to the disc elite and the bare primer breech plug. Then shimmed to get better consistency and no blowback. Was it a PITA-yeh, but now I have a handy rifle for the Virginia woods.

About 4 years ago my sons announced they wished to try ML hunting after finding regular gun season quite enjoyable. I looked around and ended up buy an used Blued Encore for one and a used Knight Elite with the primer conversion for the other.
HOLLY CRAP/OMG but does the Knight Elite just flat out shoot. 110/120 grains BH209 and .458" 325 grain Hornady FTX with a Harvester crush rib sabot, Win 209 and you have to TRY to shoot a group larger than 1"
I get the same results using .451" XTPs or Harvester 260 grain .45 caliber Scorpions.
I get slightly more consistent accuracy with 110 grains VS 120 grains of BH209. Next outing are going to try 115grns JFTHOI.
If I ever buy another ML will do my best to find a Knight Elite as I already have two primer conversions in my inventory.

Got a knight disc elite and was wondering if bh209 would work without upgrading Breech plug. Been shooting 777 and getting tired of the crud ring.
Thanks
Try the white hots.Since I changed to them I have no crud ring and got a little better accuracy

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.