Kirby Allen (Fifty Driver) ?

Brien

i think if im not mistaken you are the one that has been playing with the xp100's and such.. what kind of scope do you use on these hunting pistols and what do you charge to work one over..(true bolt, action , and barrel up) i just traded for a xp100 the other day and this is probably the only pistol i would be interested in hunting with but i havent had a chance to shoot it yet so i wouldnt change the barrel yet.. right now it has a burris 2x7 .. not sure how that would work for groundhogs but im sure it would be adequate.. i read somewhere else guys are converting 24 weavers to pistol scopes and depowering them ? know anything about that?
Brien

BTM,

I truely love working on the XP-100 handguns. They are an accuracy marvel in my opinion. Things can be done with these handguns that most would never believe were possible unless done with a rifle.

I can certainly tune your XP up for you but would prefer to talk price off the board simply for professional reasons.

Here is my E-Mail address:

[email protected]

Feel free to contact me and I will give youall the information you will need including pricing and accurizing proceedures on these amazing handguns.

My current XP-100 that I will use this big game season is chambered in the 6.5mm WSM wildcat. It drives the 120 gr Ballistic Tip to a very comfortable 3100 fps from its 15" Lilja barrel.

Groups are averaging in the .4's with nearly 60 three shot groups through it. The largest to date has been .881".

I will be very comfortable taking shots out to 400 yards on deer with this handgun this season.

COntact me and I will get you some pics of some of the custom XP's I have put together just this last summer.

As far as scopes go, I use only the 2-7 Burris on my Big Game XP's. This scope covers all shots out to well past 400 yards when used on big game targets.

For Varmint hunting, I like the more powerful 3-12x Burris.

I have talked with shooters using modified rifle scopes but have never done it myself. My handcannons are hunting guns and I prefer the traditional, if you will, Burris handgun scopes.

Get ahold of me and I will get you more information.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.