kimber montana

newfie bullet

hi ,
new hear on this sight and the information is awesome. i'm thinking about getting a new kimber montana in most likely 30-06 to hunt moose with here in newfoundland canada. looking for a light rifle to carry , got a couple sako's now classic in 30-06 and a deluxe AV in 338win mag . those are getting harder to carry . would consider montana in 338 as well but thinking the recoil would be a little too much.
whats your honest opion on the montana
regards
alan

Those are pretty nice rifles, and very light weight. The good: Accuracy is above average, good build quality, reasonable price. The bad: No floor plate, very little aftermarket support, generally poor customer service if you need anything fixed. Overall they are good rifles if you're looking for a really light gun in that price range.

I had one in 308 that was a real good shooter, however there are complaints out there that would make me think about getting another one. I just may have been lucky and got a good one. Also, anything in a 300 and above caliber may be difficult to shoot due to heavy recoil.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.