• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Kimber 84m varmint

Lrreloader

I have a unfired kimber 84m varmint 22-250 for sale blued action, stainless fluted barrel, nice wood for sale 20200614_180029.jpg20200614_180035.jpg20200614_180050.jpg or trade.
$1,000 plus shipping
Or trade towards a .308 or centerfire .17 cal
Willing to add cash if trade is better value

Last edited:
Trade update, also a custom .223 bolt face action or 20 practical rifle

Bump for Lrreloader

I just picked up a Kimber 84m classic in 6.5 Creedmoor for a lightweight mountain rifle.

5 lb, 12 oz, 22" barrel, pillar and glass bedded from the factory, Pre 64 Winchester claw extractor design, 3 position safety, 8-40 scope base threads.

The barrel is free floated to about 2" from the lug.

The trigger has a nice shoe and was 3 lb 10 oz from the factory. I adjusted the poundage down to 2 lb 6 oz for a nice clean breaking trigger (It could have gone lower).
After removing the action from the stock, I used Watco oil to seal the wood in the barrel channel and inside the action area.

I checked the chambering job and it looks really clean.

I did run into one problem...the safety would not move from the fire position to either of the two safety positions. After researching on the web, I saw that it was caused by a non rust agent Kimber uses on their rifles. I removed the firing pin/safety combo from the bolt and soaked it in Kroil overnight.
The safety did move but very stiff. I hit the safety and the top portion of the trigger that engages with the safety with lighter fluid and worked it in. That fixed the problem.

Just waiting for supplies to start shooting!