Kimber 300wm magazine length?

GraemeH

I picked up a Kimber mountain ascent 300 win mag last time I was home and now I'm wondering what the magazine length is now that I'm back at work. I might be looking I. The wrong place but I can't find it online.
Does anyone have that information?
I'm only home for a couple weeks and wanted to order some bullets to load up but want to make sure they fit.

I have an older 300wm Montana, I was able to modify the mag to get almost 3.7" contact kimber and see if you can get a Talkeetna model mag box and follower for 375 h&h as it has the long mag box. I don't know if the mountain ascent is any different than a Montana in the magazine inlet of the stock.

I have an older 300wm Montana, I was able to modify the mag to get almost 3.7" contact kimber and see if you can get a Talkeetna model mag box and follower for 375 h&h as it has the long mag box. I don't know if the mountain ascent is any different than a Montana in the magazine inlet of the stock.
My Kimber 8400 300WM had a magazine block welded to the rear. I removed the block and cleaned it up to where it is easily 3.750. I run 30 Nosler with a Brux barrel and now in the Kimber and run 215 Hybrids BT shoulder flush with the base of the neck. There is still easily .040 room left in the mag box

My Kimber 8400 300WM had a magazine block welded to the rear. I removed the block and cleaned it up to where it is easily 3.750. I run 30 Nosler with a Brux barrel and now in the Kimber and run 215 Hybrids BT shoulder flush with the base of the neck. There is still easily .040 room left in the mag box
Any mods to making 30 nosler feed out of that 8400? Want to do the same thing. Sent you a pm also.

High drum, do you know that for sure on the Kimber 8400 action?
Well........I have one. I also have a 30 nosler. I know some have converted the kimber 8400 over to 300prc. I don't see any issue going with a case that's 0.014" wider at web. The part of an action that dictates how much case head presentation is exposed for the bolt to catch it is the width of the feed lips. @Weatherby Fan has done the prc conversion on the Montana. Maybe he can confirm my thoughts on this.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.