Killed my die

Hornady One Shot spray lube will save you life, but as for the stuck case, I had 2 so far and they were before One Shot - Anyways you can get them out with some "redneck engineering", you can send them to your dies manufacturere aswell, and they also make stuck case removal tools.

If there is a lip left over on the brass you can grab it with linesmans pliers and just twist it up and the brass should end up tearing into a spiral and come out, or you can soak in it Kroil for a day or two then go back at it with something.

I also just found a bolt that would forcefully screw into the brass making threads along the way (the head was torn off from the jaws of my CO-AX) and then put a socket over the die that would let the brass come out into the cavity of the socket and yet let me tighten the bolt, basically when I was done the brass was inside of the socket and came out with a few turns... very easy

Oh and I polished my dies since then with a drill and some JB Bore Brite.... never had an issue since... with one shot lube of course

not knowing what caliber you using, you can drill a .250" hole thru the primer pocket. Then get a 1/4-28 all cap screw that is about an inch or so long. Turn the head down to where it will pass thru the neck. Install the die as usual in the Co-Ax, and bring the bottom slide up close to the die body. Thread the bolt into the 1/4-28 threaded hole for the spent primers, and pull the case out on the down stroke of the press. You can also do the same thing without drill a hole in the case body by using a vise and a pipe union. Just turn the bolt head till it slips into the case body, and push it out in the vise. Put the pipe nipple between the die and the case so it will pass thru the pipe union.
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.