Kill the wolf?

After reading 10 pages of this thread I got some laughs and education. As a: small land owner, leaser, travel hunter, I can see both sides. Does my great knowledge and superior education(sarcasm) have the right answer? Someone isn't going to agree or be happy. What I take away most in all this, you can't listen or learn with your mouth open.

Reading the gentleman that speak of not knowing what it's like unless you live here sings the loudest to me. Much history is used to be the foundation of fact. In those times. There wasn't pools of information available in a heartbeat to stand your ground on one side or the other of the aisle. You knew what your daddy and grand daddy taught you about the land and life.

With politics and law, what happened to relying on decisions of the subordinate state senator to give you the true insight? Special Interest and anti's have equal or more of a say for something they know nothing about. That is a big threat right there.

There are parts of Virginia that goes right into what Pmacc60 said. It's compariable. Don't hurt the animals, anti's. Part of VA near DC have turned from country to expensive desirable living. Those love all the deer. Now their plants are being eaten, car accidents are 10 fold daily on every major road during the rut. The DGIF has opened deer season from September-April. Some place allow different weapons and some no guns. All the tags you want. Have fun getting on the land. People don't want others on their property. I do not abide by this practice is I don't want to shoot a possible world record that his antlers have shed. I also don't want to field dress a doe a month before she is to drop the fawn she is carrying.

Idaho relies on hunting for more than food from the animal or tradition. It is a big way of life for the jobs it provides. I have many friends who were born and raised there. I can put myself in their shoes. Just using that state as an example, I am a fan of complete open season as a nuisance animal. Other animals are more important to us as humans. The cattle to the rancher, the game to the outfitter and outdoors industry, and the money it brings to the table for their livelihood. The wolf is only hurting the livelihood of others. Are they cool to look at, sure. Is the anti out petting them in the forests and playing fetch, I wish more would try.....
The real truth of this is I defy anyone who can find a tourist that has come to Idaho to view wolves in their wild domain that has actually seen one in the wild. They are extremely difficult to find and more difficult to hunt. A elk hunter has the potential to possibly stumble upon some but it is very rare since they have found out they can be shot. Now that they are aware of what man does when hunting they have become very cagey and avoid man at all costs in the woods during the fall months. But, if you are running through the woods with your dogs in the summer you have to be alert for they will attack your dog and kill him.
I generally advise the tourists who ask me where they can go to see wolves to tie their dog to a tree in the forest and hide where they can watch it from a hundred yards away. Either they or the dog might get a chance of viewing a few of them.

I was wrong about Utah. I guess the Federal U.S. Fish and Wildlife Dept. Rules over the states. I think they are the ones who are going ho on getting wolves into all states. Read this today from Utah website:
Along with the recommendations regarding bears, the Wildlife Board also approved a 10-year extension to the current Wolf Management Plan. It was approved in 2005 for a 10-year period, and then a five-year extension was approved in 2015. Gray wolves are currently classified as endangered (except for in a small portion of northeastern Utah where they have been delisted), and as an endangered species, they fall under the management of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. The Utah Wolf Management Plan will only take effect when wolves are delisted statewide.

North Eastern ? That be Colorado. Maybe they don't want them in the Book Cliffs area Who knows ?

I heard about a wolf that was trapped in central MT recently. It had been collared in Washington state just this year.
The Northern portion of Washington near Liberty Lake and Post Falls in Idaho, it's roughly only 60-80 miles into Montana through Idaho. A Wolf can run 25-35 mph pretty easy, considering Montana isn't too far from Washington that doesn't surprise me. He/she must have noticed the lack of Game to eat and went on to better feeding grounds!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.