Kill the wolf?

If I was closer than 8 hours at freeway speeds I'd be there. Gonna have to wait until one is closer to home.

The sad part is, it honestly appears as though there is someone higher up the food chain that is making decisions NOT based on science but on politics. I truly do believe that MOST of the rank and file members of the FWP are good people who want to do the right thing.

What you say is very true...ever heard the saying "power corrupts and absolute power absolutely corrupts"? Most very wealthy have their agendas, some are actually good but the majority are rubbing shoulders with the urber wealthy and are blissfully unaware they are being used for nefarious purposes.

The urber wealthy are pawns in the end game strategy . Like i said before, go deeper, my friends. Can anyone find the CEO of overstock.com now ? He stepped down in an attempt to save his company from distruction before he let the cat out of the bag. AG Barr stopped him short because he didnt want it out in the open yet. He said just enough to make me believe my theory is accurate.

Last edited:
If I was closer than 8 hours at freeway speeds I'd be there. Gonna have to wait until one is closer to home.

The sad part is, it honestly appears as though there is someone higher up the food chain that is making decisions NOT based on science but on politics. I truly do believe that MOST of the rank and file members of the FWP are good people who want to do the right thing.
Everyone up the food chain is making decisions on politics not data. That is why we still have a "grizzly bear recovery working group" (I forget the correct name) in existence when the GB met recovery goals about 15 years ago. None of these parasites are going to vote themselves out of a job.

Wow, Dave, that's a lot to swallow.

I know much of it sounds like over dramatization to some, but when you sit back and look at the changes that have come about just in the last 20 years it starts to look pretty legit.
The Yellowstone to Yukon Corridor also caught my attention because right now in Montana, National Geographic is part of a group buying up huge ranches with the intention of returning them to non-ranching (and non-hunting, of course) use. I think it's called the American Prairie Reserve, or something like that. It kind of goes right along with with the Y2Y Corridor...

Scary stuff, no doubt about it!
I hunt on APR land. It is under block management here in MT. This is land that when it was private we could not hunt but now we can. I am not advocating for APR and what they are trying to do. But they are not anti-hunting.

I think there is much motivation behind the wolf movement that is rooted in anti hunting. I do not believe that the wolves that we have were all netted in the northern territory of Canada and planted in MT, ID, and WY. The only place that I know of that they were planted was YNP. There they penned them for a year before they let them go so that they would not go back to Canada. I don't know of anywhere else that they kept wolves penned so that they would not go back to where they were captured. The wolves were coming across the border before the transplant took place in YNP. No different than the wolves in Idaho are moving into Washington and Oregon. Also the wolves in WY are Headed in to Colorado, regardless of how the folks there vote. Wolves move into other wolf pack territories and kill them or get killed. They don't know don't know about state lines or international borders. There is not nor was there ever a some magic border barrier that stopped the wolves from crossing.

Bad actors on the animal rights/anti hunting crowd, for sure. Genetically modified wolves that have been dropped in our back yards by evil doers, I don't think so. Laws that protect wolves, yes. Laws that prevent the use of any means to kill wolves, yes. Do wolves kill every living thing they can find, no. Do they take the game populations down to zero before they move on, no. Do they do damage game populations and livestock, yes.

Until those laws are changed we will have the wolves and they will continue to expand the area that they live in as long as there is food source for them. The more food source the more wolves, the less food source the less wolves.

......Also the wolves in WY are Headed in to Colorado, regardless of how the folks there vote......
......Until those laws are changed we will have the wolves and they will continue to expand the area that they live in as long as there is food source for them. The more food source the more wolves, the less food source the less wolves.......

The wolf issue is a marvelous insight into our political process. Machiavelli would be proud, of how the information, misinformation, and disinformation has been used. How our money gets used against us etc. is all present here. Make a great civics paper. Likely it would resemble a paper my daughter did on health care-only failing grade she ever got. Rather than using sources to dispute the points made, the professor just drew an an F on the paper and made nasty comments, nearly cost her scholarship money.

This column is getting beat to death over the beating we, who are forced to have imported Canadian wolves shoved down our throats, have been fighting against since their introduction. I want to take the opportunity to give some of you, who think that you can come here and shoot one, some advice. These wolves are extremely difficult to hunt as they are stealthy and nocturnal making sighting one a rarity. Even though I have had many of them cross my property and live in one of the heaviest concentrations of them in Idaho, I have only seen 5 of them in my lifetime. Shot one the first day it was legal to hunt for them and had one in my sight at 650 yds 3 years ago that was gone before I calculated my scope. Country they hold in is heavy timber but at night they are seen inside of town scavenging garbage and people's pets. Cat hunters and hikers have had them kill their dogs but most are taken by trappers and casual deer and elk hunters. So, before coming here to hunt them study about their habits so you know what to look for and then you can take 5 home with you

Please enlighten me...…..
Dave, this is the point i wont cross. As i said in an earlier post, pay attention to current events, particularly disclosures from our navy . Im not going to put myself out there for ridicule . Its not a subject thats widely accepted as anything less than science fiction, but when our own military confesses that they are stumped , its time to pay attention. Ask yourself why anyone would want to corral mankind into concentration camps and reduce human numbers, like we arent the top species on the planet. Every government on this rock has recently released classified files confirming a subject that had been denied as being legit by world governments for many years. Open your mind and give it some critical thought.

This column is getting beat to death over the beating we, who are forced to have imported Canadian wolves shoved down our throats, have been fighting against since their introduction. I want to take the opportunity to give some of you, who think that you can come here and shoot one, some advice. These wolves are extremely difficult to hunt as they are stealthy and nocturnal making sighting one a rarity. Even though I have had many of them cross my property and live in one of the heaviest concentrations of them in Idaho, I have only seen 5 of them in my lifetime. Shot one the first day it was legal to hunt for them and had one in my sight at 650 yds 3 years ago that was gone before I calculated my scope. Country they hold in is heavy timber but at night they are seen inside of town scavenging garbage and people's pets. Cat hunters and hikers have had them kill their dogs but most are taken by trappers and casual deer and elk hunters. So, before coming here to hunt them study about their habits so you know what to look for and then you can take 5 home with you
These hurdles are why we hunt coyotes at night here in the southeastern US . If you cant killum the "sporting" way, you play the same game the wolves play.

I hunt on APR land. It is under block management here in MT. This is land that when it was private we could not hunt but now we can. I am not advocating for APR and what they are trying to do. But they are not anti-hunting.

Thanks for clearing that up, Steve. I had heard that they were not allowing hunting.

Unfortunately "the sheeps skin" can cover the wolf.....
In oregon several timber companies the public used fo be able to
hunt are now closed to the public.....they say one thing and then do the "ol' switcheroo" later......excuse...."oh it's not about the hunting of animals...we just don't want our timber harmed"........

Thank you.

Is it legal to hunt them at night.

Some of us have long range thermal and or night vision and would enjoy smoking them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.