Kifaru Nomad 2 pack

Longshotjames

Thinking I will get the Kifaru Nomad. I will use it for a daypack and up to 2 nights minimalist spike camp and meat hauling between the bat wings.
I like the ability to add any amount or size/weight to the middle.

Other than price can anyone give me a reason to avoid the Nomad?
Look forward to comments
James

I have had the Nomad for about 5 seasons and its the bomb. I purchased an ultralite mtn research 40 L dry bag to use when backpacking with for the sleep system. Once I leave camp I have a tight(non sagging) daypack that I can carry out a whole mule deer with. Never have to worry about bloodying up the inside of a main compartment is huge and you are able to get those quarters just perfect right against your frame and quickly. The inside open stretch pockets are great for quick access to my puff/rain gear or jamming a bugletube in and out of. Im surprised this style of pack hasnt caught on more, its super versatile.

I have the gen 1 nomad and Overall i like it although i think the nomad 2 is a good improvement Over the gen 1. I like to pack my rifle inside the pack for extra protection while hiking in and out. I got a lightweight whole rifle cover that I wrap the rifle in and strap it inside the pack. The only other thing I would change is I would make the nomad bags attach via buckles with webbing and sliders so that you could keep the two bags together and put a bag of meat or something behind it instead of having to spread the bags out to the sides.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.