Kifaru Gun Bearer

Kifaru Gun Bearer: Has anyone figured out how to keep a rifle with a top-heavy scope upright? I've been running mine upside down.

I use the universal gun bearer on the Kuiu 5200 and ti works great. As long as there is some type of molle on the hipbelt you should be able to make it work.

Kifaru Gun Bearer: Has anyone figured out how to keep a rifle with a top-heavy scope upright? I've been running mine upside down.
I had no issue with it using my 338 Lapua with a NF 5-25 ATACR on it. Used the Kirafu on a Kodiak Island mountain goat hunt with a brutal 7 hour hike in and 6 hour hike out. Not sure why you're having an issue. Have you contacted Kirafu??

I had no issue with it using my 338 Lapua with a NF 5-25 ATACR on it. Used the Kirafu on a Kodiak Island mountain goat hunt with a brutal 7 hour hike in and 6 hour hike out. Not sure why you're having an issue. Have you contacted Kirafu??
Has anyone used a Kifaru Gun Bearer on an Eberlestock J34? If you have does it have to be the universal model?
Has anyone used a Kifaru Gun Bearer on an Eberlestock J34? If you have does it have to be the universal model?
I bought the universal model for my Eberlestock X2 long works fine.

I've used the exact same set up for two Kodiak hunts and a few other backpacking hunts. The quick access can't be beat, plus you can get the rifle lower so the barrel isn't hanging up as much when you're going thru the alders or other thick stuff. Being able to use walking sticks helps the knees a bunch too. The rifle is a little more protected since it runs under your arm. I'm heading to Kodiak in ten days and I'll be using this system again.

I run my gun upside down all the time. I don't really see why it matters. I was fighting it wanting to roll and decided to flip it around one day. Haven't run it any other way since and I think it's more comfortable anyway. It's a 28" barrel + muzzle brake and a big Leupold MK5 scope.

Kris

Recent Posts