Kids Shooting Course Advice

UPDATE:
They say the measure of success is in the results..... well we had several of the boys take thier first deer and /or buck this year. Ranges varied from 20 - 385 yards. Four boys had to shoot more than once; three where at running dear and one of those the boy connected with both shots. The forth miss was at an antelope at approx. 425 yards. The young man rushed the shot, saying he was in a poor shooting position. He was able to set up again on the same buck and connected at 385.gun)

But even more importantly I heard more than one story of the boys outshooting dad...:D

Once I can figure out how to post pictures on here I will show off some of the boys critters.

In early Feb. I will start working on hunting down volenteers and sponsors for this summer.

Pete

UPDATE:
They say the measure of success is in the results..... well we had several of the boys take thier first deer and /or buck this year. Ranges varied from 20 - 385 yards. Four boys had to shoot more than once; three where at running dear and one of those the boy connected with both shots. The forth miss was at an antelope at approx. 425 yards. The young man rushed the shot, saying he was in a poor shooting position. He was able to set up again on the same buck and connected at 385.gun)

But even more importantly I heard more than one story of the boys outshooting dad...:D

Once I can figure out how to post pictures on here I will show off some of the boys critters.

In early Feb. I will start working on hunting down volenteers and sponsors for this summer.

Pete

Pete, That is great! On of my Daughters 13 year old girl friends on her 4-H team outshot me on the trap range a week or two ago...... she was so proud of herself!! :)

Thanks again for what you are doing for the kids, and as before, don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to help.

Rick

First deer for this 11 yo young man. Taken at 200 yards plus, prone off his bipod. Didn't even give dad time to get his binos up!!:D

Attachments

• C 01.jpg
    C 01.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 18
These two brothers had a awesome season. Thats a first buck and the lil feller with his first two does. One was taken at 150 and the other was two hits on the run.

Attachments

• C 02.JPG
    C 02.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 15
  • C 03.JPG
    C 03.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 13
Here is my top shooter with a mighty pretty 155er! This guy racked up two antelope, two deer with a rifle and one with a bow this year. Great job buddy. BTW tell your dad I want to be his son :D

Attachments

• C 04.jpg
    C 04.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 14
This was this 12 year old's first deer. He took this wide buck at about 30 yards.......

Attachments

• 680768854_2434161296_0.jpg
    680768854_2434161296_0.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 12
These are two of my sons. That is the little guy's first buck shot from the standing supported at 147 yards, double lung hit. gun)I thought he was going to lose his mind he was so excited!!

My oldest with the largest deer he has ever taken. 280 yards, high solder/spine shot. Bang-flop.

They shot then both opening afternoon within 90 minutes of each other. It was an AWESOME day as a father.

Attachments

• C 07.JPG
    C 07.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 13
  • C 06.JPG
    C 06.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 18
  • C 05.JPG
    C 05.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 13
Pete, That is great! On of my Daughters 13 year old girl friends on her 4-H team outshot me on the trap range a week or two ago...... she was so proud of herself!! :)

Thanks again for what you are doing for the kids, and as before, don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to help.

Rick

Yes Rick, I imagine she was. Just as she should have been! The best part is that she ain't going to let you forget it anytime soon!!!!!

Thanks Rick.

Thanks much Shane,

I am sure you can imagine how rewarding it was to hear the stories and see the pictures of my students. I can't wait to do it again this summer!

Take Care Shane

Deer season has begun and boys are lay em down! Here are the first couple takengun)

Here is my youngest boy. We only got doe tags this year :(
He took this doe at 317 yards using a .270 WIN, 140gr Bergers and a barbed wire fence as his rest.

Attachments

• Josh Doe 2012.jpg
    Josh Doe 2012.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 14
This is this young man's first buck! Heck, he set the bar pretty high from every hunt from now on. He took this 5 X 5 at 250 yards with a Remington R-25 shooting 80gr Federal Power Shoks.

Attachments

• Caleb fist buck.jpg
    Caleb fist buck.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 13
This is this 11 year old's first deer! Taken with a single shot from a .243 at 150 yardsgun)Good job buddy!

Attachments

• Jeffery 1st deer 2012.jpg
    Jeffery 1st deer 2012.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 11
This is my oldest son. He took the doe near last light from 482 yards shooting a 300 RUM shooting 155 berger VLDs in 8mph crosswindgun)Nice shooting son I really enjoyed our hunt together!

Attachments

• Jakob Doe 2012.jpg
    Jakob Doe 2012.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 13
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.