Kid getting better

mooretitan

1st off I thank everyone who responds to post on this sight. Even though I don't post often I have used a lot of what you guy have suggested. If it wasn't for this sight I would not have even attempted building my own rifle. Anyways Thanks

Back to boy. I have been shooting a little more with my 8 year old. Still trying to debate what rifle I will set him up with. For now he is shooting my savage model 12 223. Had him on steel at 200y and he was keeping everything around an inch. Had him go out to 300y. Hold where I think he should hold and he was on steel the 1st shot. He ran out of 223 hitting 200/300 steel. As we were leaving he asked to shoot the 260 which I believe is a little much for an 8 year old but I told him one shot but I would be watching his form. Steel was at 400y and I told him hold 1st dot dead center. Trigger pulled equals steel ringing. Little guy is doing pretty good. Now back on the 22lr for a little bit.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.