Kestrel or Strelok Pro or Hornady 4DOF

I never said Horus was good or bad just that that there were multiple ballistic programs available on the Kestrels, contrary to you statement that if you choose a Kestrel then it negates the "which app is better" conversation, which reads as you don't have a choice if you choose to use a Kestrel.
As far as spelling and grammar how about your statement "I'm not offended. I just think you "help" sucks"
But hey you win...

No you comprehend that incorrectly. I said if he needed a stand alone unit that it negated which app is better. Because he wouldn't be needing an app, he would be needing a kestrel. It was an Apple to oranges assessment.

Then here comes muleystalker, deciding that he needs to inform someone that there are different kestrels. To include the ones that are discontinued. So again. Thank you. I'm informed now. Now I know there are all the different kestrels. Including the ones I listed. Thank you. Thank you for letting me win. You're awesome.

Well in the OP's Heading it just says "Kestrel,or Strelock Pro or Hornandy 4DOF" it doesn't say app, and the Kestrel is sold in both AB and 4DOF form so. He never asked which app was better.

"For a beginner, which is the better option?

Since weather apps have advanced so far, is a Kestrel a requirement these days?

I have already invested in a LabRadar to help with load development."

In his post it says nothing about apps except weather apps so there you go. You were answering a question not asked. Your welcome and have a great day.

Well in the OP's Heading it just says "Kestrel,or Strelock Pro or Hornandy 4DOF" it doesn't say app, and the Kestrel is sold in both AB and 4DOF form so. He never asked which app was better.

"For a beginner, which is the better option?

I have already invested in a LabRadar to help with load development."

In his post it says nothing about apps except weather apps so there you go. You were answering a question not asked. Your welcome and have a great day.

It was assumed since strelok is an app and only an app. It's in the title. A reasonable person would conclude that the OP is considering a phone app OR a kestrel when my post was posted. You seem to be the only one confused by this.

I'm glad you informed me about all the different kestrels though. Thank you again. I'm sure no one was able to figure that out without you're post. You're a hero to the long range shooting community. Thank you for your service.

Common buddy. I'll keep making us both look bad all day. Whatcha got next??? I know...tell me all the PHONE APPS!!!! Please!?!?? I want to know all about the ballistic AEs and the Strelocks....then maybe when this goes even further nowhere you can tell about Coldbore 1.0 on Windows and how to use it on a TDS recon.

No dog in this fight....I have the Weather flow and Strelok and Geo ballistics apps....I shoot matches at 200,300,385,and 500 meter stages.....alot of guys I shoot with use kestrel with AB...both work at the ranges we shoot. Some of the guys also shoot in PRS matches where the ranges are alot greater, and I think the Kestrel is better in that application....my deciding factor was $75 or $700...and seeing as I can stay in the top 3 usually, I am ok with my choice....and either is much better than than guessing. You are the one that knows what you want and need...rsbhunter

For a beginner, which is the better option?

I have already invested in a LabRadar to help with load development.
I like Strelok pro personally if that helps! Will hold ten rifles and ten loads per....so far is very close in accuracy...a small amount of fine tuning is in order and the app considers this and has room for it

Yes, Strelok pro is what I use...last match, used the weather meter and Strelok pro, with weather condition's it showed 1click down from the normal drop.....thought I knew better than mathematical equations... Kept my normal...third target, missed high...came down the one click.....was on target......that's why any of the viable options are better than the "wag" system..rsbhunter

Does the Applied Ballistic version have an app that is available for Android? Or do you recommend the version with the heads up display? Which version is best paired with a LabRadar? With QuickLoad?

Thanks Darryle

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.