Kestrel or Strelok Pro or Hornady 4DOF

The kestrel is a stand alone unit. Just keep in mind if you feel you need that benefit, then it negates the "which app is better" conversation.

Second to that I'm going to assume... since this is a solver comparison that by kestrel, you specifically mean the AB elite...

You can link a weatherflow weather meter to streelok via bluetooth, I bought mine on sale for $40---- for hunting distances out to 700y i jave never had a problem with 1st round hits, if you are truly doing long range then I feel the kestrel is better.

For a beginner, which is the better option?

Since weather apps have advanced so far, is a Kestrel a requirement these days?

I have already invested in a LabRadar to help with load development.
Yes if you're into any kind of serious Long Range knowing the conditions where you are standing is important any weather app is accessing a station somewhat close to you but not where you are

That Weatherflow meter is discontinued or out of stock everywhere except for Optics Planet, and I have been burned by them once, so I am out.

Thanks for your help, sounds like a Kestrel is in my future, which version, I was considering the 4DOF version, since I already use their app.

Darryle

That Weatherflow meter is discontinued or out of stock everywhere except for Optics Planet, and I have been burned by them once, so I am out.

Thanks for your help, sounds like a Kestrel is in my future, which version, I was considering the 4DOF version, since I already use their app.

Darryle
Get the Applied Ballistics,

Ke
The kestrel is a stand alone unit. Just keep in mind if you feel you need that benefit, then it negates the "which app is better" conversation.

Second to that I'm going to assume... since this is a solver comparison that by kestrel, you specifically mean the AB elite...
Kestrel makes a unit that runs the AB software, Horandy 4DOF and I believe HOURUS or another.

The nice thing about a Kestrel is its a stand alone unit and is bullet proof compared to a cell phone and it will always work. A cell phone is hit and miss, they lock up, doesn't load, battery dies quick. As far as which ballistic software I would go AB.

Ke

Kestrel makes a unit that runs the AB software, Horandy 4DOF and I believe HOURUS or another.

Thank you for informing me.
18DE08E2-476A-4215-B8BF-1AFDC53A701E.gif

Sorry if I offended you, just trying to clear up your misinformation for the OP. No need to get butt hurt and post sarcastic gifs.

You didn't clear anything up. You just rambled about nothing relevant to the OP and misspelled Horus. A company so bad, the employees don't even use their products.

What about the ruger kestrel...? Aren't you going to include that into my misinformation? What about just regular ballistic kestrel 5700? Oh but we'll talk about 4500 HORUS.....a product that has been discontinued for a long *** time. What about the sportsman? Since we are talking about discontinued items. I'm not offended. I just think you "help" sucks.

I never said Horus was good or bad just that that there were multiple ballistic programs available on the Kestrels, contrary to you statement that if you choose a Kestrel then it negates the "which app is better" conversation, which reads as you don't have a choice if you choose to use a Kestrel.
As far as spelling and grammar how about your statement "I'm not offended. I just think you "help" sucks"
But hey you win...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.