Kestrel Elite or Hornady version?

Tgunz64

Getting a little more into long range shooting and was wondering which of these would be a better option? You guys prefer the Elite or the Hornady 4DOF version better? Want another good option for help in dialing. Thanks!

If you aren't doing long range, ELR / PRS type competitions, the kestrel 5700 ballistics may be a good option. It is about $300 less than the Elite. Panhandle Precision has some great YouTube videos outlining the similarities and differences.

I watched that video. I decided to just go with the elite version and be done. Now I want to know is there a picatinney rail mount for these? There's a picture online showing a 5700 mounted the the picatinney scope rail. Not sure if it's photoshopped or not but I'd be interested in this mount. If it's real.

You can't go wrong with the elite! Kestrel does make a HUD that you can put on the side of your rifle to make a range card basically. I haven't used one but looks interesting.

^^^
This. I am not sure if the Kestrel unit is made to withstand the recoil of a rifle if it is mounted directly to the rifle, but the HUD is made for this exact application, so it is obviously made to withstand recoil.

^^^
This. I am not sure if the Kestrel unit is made to withstand the recoil of a rifle if it is mounted directly to the rifle, but the HUD is made for this exact application, so it is obviously made to withstand recoil.
I was kind of wondering that myself. Contacted kestrel today and they don't make an adapter for the 5700. Just the HUD.