Kestrel 5700 Elite with applied ballistics

FlGunner

So a while back I began looking for a way to further my accuracy and ended up buying a Kestrel 5700 Elite with applied ballistics and I use it with a Sig 2200 MR rangefinder. I began by checking my zero and velocity. I have a 200 yd zero and average velocity was 2950 according to my Chrono. Went back to 500 and shot.... Was low just over a .25 moa. Any way I figured I could calibrate my velocity and and then I shot about a minute high.... Anyway what I discovered and don't understand the difference in the measurements is that the true moa setting has me dialing less at the same velocity setting vs the shooters moa. The shooters moa was dead on out to 910 yds (far as I can shoot). I calibrated my velocity to 2930 fps and shot 300, 513, 650, 840, and 910 yds and was dead on at everyone. With the same velocity (910 yds)the tmoa is 20.19 moa vs 21.17 smoa. I believe smoa is a rounded down 1" at 100 yds measurement vs 1.047". I would assume that my Vortex PST also has a rounded down value of 1/4" per click at 100yds being it matched the Kestrel. Any of you guys got any idea if I'm on the right track please chime in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.