Kestrel 4500 Atrag?

I ordered one last night after talking to Larry at Horus Vision. He was a very nice guy and very helpful. I think this unit will do what I want it to.

Scott I have the eyes you talked about I am 57 so I will let you know if I can read it.
I will report my results after testing. I live in Wyoming so I can shoot out to a mile without any problems five minutes from my door.

I have some very good friends in Meteetsee. I think the spelling is right. They run the Pitchfork Ranch. May look you up next time out. Scott

Meeteetse is just down the road, I go through it on my way to Sunshine to fish. I have also hunted above the Pitchfork many times. We will go shoot if you come through and compare notes.

I can vouch for you on that one, I have the same thing but without bluetooth and I think its fricken awesome. Its a very accurate device. It definitely beats by far carring around a handheld along with a separate wind meter to get dialed in.

I have a few questions after reading this post.. tell me if iam understanding this unit... i have 3 dedicated long range rifles. Ok i can imput my bc for the bullet iam shooting into the unit and my velocity that ive got off my Chronograph. Second this unit will figure my drop based on my info that ive put in plus it will do the temp , pressure, humidy thing for me i will not have to enter them values.... ok third if my shots are low at 1000 i can change my bc or fps velocity. To correct for this. And it will save this in the unit for the next time iam out. Please tell me if this is correct.

I have a few questions after reading this post.. tell me if iam understanding this unit... i have 3 dedicated long range rifles. Ok i can imput my bc for the bullet iam shooting into the unit and my velocity that ive got off my Chronograph. Second this unit will figure my drop based on my info that ive put in plus it will do the temp , pressure, humidy thing for me i will not have to enter them values.... ok third if my shots are low at 1000 i can change my bc or fps velocity. To correct for this. And it will save this in the unit for the next time iam out. Please tell me if this is correct.

I have a similar question...in trying to keep it simple...

I am not interested in blue tooth or additional software...actually I would rather it not be able to connect to a phone or other gizmo...

lets assume for a moment that I only have one weapon...that weapon "could" have three different loads..

will this device allow input data for those three loads...and will it give a firing solution for those loads given the atmospheric conditions it samples at the time????????

How about my question i know it sounds stupid, but iam just trying to understand this thing.???.Iam guessing it does this for sure just wanna make sure before spending the money .

The answer to your question is yes. You can adjust your BC or FPS, but I would recommend using the true drop feature that is found already programmed in the unit. It is imperative that you are dead on with your 100 yard zero or you will pay the price down range.

hmmm it still is spendy...not sure if it if worth the money...

picked up a cheapo Oregon Scientific altimiter/temp doohickey the other day...so far it tracks well...tested it from sea level to 2k so far...

that paired with a Pejsa spreadsheet in my crackberry...should work just as well...as long as I don't fat finger the crackberry

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.