Kenton Custom dial questions and suggestions needed

The apps are going to read basic same as per your inputs the same. This IS NOT the same as verified,thats why they bring it up.You are correct in that you should check at your max range.If it on there its not as critical at the closer ranges.Ive taken and made my own caps with a dremel,after verify.Most factor moa or mil is not that costly.

OK, each to his own. When I talked with Kenton for my turret, they told me to use the JBM calculator since it allows barometric pressure, altitude, clicks or inches, preference for sight-in distance and has most of the common bullets on the market today. Good luck on your search.

Its a great one if you want to make range cards and laminate,pick the format you want. Many options JBM

I couldn't figure out how to make the JBM drop calculations match the other 4 that I used. It's not as easy as the others I just used for comparison.
All I know is the same data I input in the Hornady, Remington, Federal and the Shooters calculator were all within a couple tenths of an inch.

If you already have drops of actual shooting, then true up the ballistic calculator so that it matches (changing BC and muzzle velocity) then let it give you your 50/25/10/5/etc yard drops and send that to Kenton. If your 100 incremental yardages in the calculator line up with your drops then everything else should too.

Maybe you have friend with app on phone,like Shooter I use to have,then you could copy once you get it to match up like Bravo Said.You could go on JBL and start to try,to simplfy,just put in you bullet BC grain,instead of having to go threw whole library of bullets.

Go to custom turret systems, create an account for yourself and play around with all the different variables. I'd do this before you drop a hundo on a turret that might be wrong. There is a ton of things can do on that website, it really helped me understand long range shooting.

The Hornady 4DOF will give you the information (i.e. drops every 50yds) you're needing. I just tried my .300WinMag (under Favorites) and if you have your rifle and environment info right you are good to go. Touch the red "chart" box, bottom right of the 4DOF HUD screen. Once you depress this another info box comes up asking for Max Range and Internal, type in what you're looking for (i.e., 1200 (yards) and 50 (yard increments)), hit set and a chart comes up. Is this what you need for Kenton?

I don't understand why Kenton is asking you for your drops. I ordered a turret from them last summer and just gave them my rifle and load info. As someone else stated it gets you to about 500 yards and after that you better use a ballistics app and count clicks.

First, great choice on the scope! Since you're familiar with Zeiss, you really need to check out their RF binos. I have the 10x54 RF's, and they are incredible! I do everything in MOA, so once the rifle is zeroed, the onboard weather station in the RF compensates for the atmospheric conditions. Plus, it ranges soft targets to 2500 yards consistently!

Thanks again for the suggestions. I'm not having any problems getting any of the Ballistic calculators to give me the correct drops in 50 yard intervals out to 1200 yards.
I also don't have to provide Kenton with any drops if I just want them to make a Turret. They have their own ballistic calculator they use.

I'm going to shoot some with the factory dial in MOA and see if I can figure that out before I order a dial.

I'll be sure to report back once I get the scope zeroed and start shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.