Ken Farrell?

sniperboy

Hi to all

I am looking at buying some new rings and a rail on my rifle. Does anyone use ken farrell rings and picatinny rail, and what do you think of them?

Thanks
sniperboy

I have his base on a couple of rifles and like them you can use a lower ring then you'd think because they do sit pretty high. If you buy the rings and bases ask him what height rings will match up best with your scope objective size.

I run the Farrell 20 MOA steel bae with the recoil lug and they are great and my gunsmith fell in love with them. He tightened down the front and checked the back and then the back and checked the front and told me alot of mounts need to be shimned but these were the best fitting mounts he had seen on a long action 700. The other member is right the 20 MOA base is taller than you would think and I went from a high mount to a medium on a 56 mm objective on a 35 mm tube which was surprising.

I had to purchase a Ken Farrell base for a new rifle that has a Borden Timberline Magnum action. He is one of the few manufactures that makes a base for that action. I will agree with the others and say the quality is top notch.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.