Keeping it simple with reloading

Hey Alex, do you share his method of not annealing? If so do you notice a difference later on in the brass life to where you just retire it early, or can you go the life of the primer pocket with the same accuracy/precision results?
I do not anneal these. They last forever and no I dont notice a change.

No, off the shelf dies work fine. But you want to make sure they are not a poor match to the chamber. Most of the time guys are worried about the neck. Im my .268 neck I am using a .260 bushing. Thats working the brass quite a bit.

The one place you cant get around spending good money is your scale. You have got to have a really good scale, something like the A&D fx120i. Its popular enough that they make a nice auto trickler for it too.
Alex,
Is this the scale you referenced.
Screenshot_20220502-112421_Firefox.jpg

I have a V4 on an FX120i, like it just fine. I don't currently need better accuracy in powder charges than it offers me.

But there's another tier of $2-4,000 digital scales that are what it really takes to get to single kernel precision if that's what someone is after (I'm not...yet). The 120i has at best 0.1gn accuracy overall - when you figure in it has a SD of repeatability of 0.015 gns and a resolution of 0.02gns then over 100 charges all reading the exact same will most likely vary by 0.08 gn, and that doesn't include any 0.02gn over or under charges that are rounding in the software, so in practical terms it's 0.10gn accurate. Yes the display appears more precise than that, but if you were to compare it to a much more expensive balance you'd see the variations the manufacturer tells you are there.

The scale shipped today.

But the auto trickler.won't ship until ~September's 2022. Must be quite a backlog for the V4 trickler.
I was in on the first day they were taking orders- last March I think, and it was 8 or 9 months till it shipped. Goes by fast, and all I ever knew was a Chargemaster before the V4 came.

Have also heard recently that you cant seat bullets into the rifling with some powders in spite of most guys breaking records doing just that. Be very careful what guys you are taking advice from. Make sure they have experiance and a track record to prove that. Luckily most larger bores do like to jump. There are no set rules. Every barrel and reamer is different.