katy tx trying for long

Gitthatdawg

I am from Katy just getting in to the long rang stuff. I ahve done a little shooting but on a quest for info. and maybe a good school to goto.nif there are any shooters in houston area that would like to share i would like to talk and shoot.

Welcome aboard.

I didn't think is was possible to do long range shooting in TX? Too many oil wells!:D Plus it's too hot and too low. He air is a bit thick down there.:)

Yep, this is a good place to learn. Also, a good place to get bum dope from the dumb ones like me.:rolleyes:

Snoop around for the "find me on the map" feature. You'll see the locations of those in your area. Seems to me, there are quite a few.

Spent a lot of time in Dallas/Ft. Worth, Conroe and Wacksahatchie (sp) a few years back. Did the hawg thing with dogs. T'was scary as hades on a dark night!!!

yea we do the dogs and hogs thing. of corse long rang for that is a 12" knife. i have a local 600 yard range about 5 min from my house just no fun learning by you self plus the guy your with dont know shipp. I hunt in kansas was in the army there made a lot of friends. we also have the hill country and western plains it is easy to shoot 1000yrds +. it is to hot and we do alot of fishing in the bays and gulf this time of year. Who cares about a little tar balls:D:D. i just got a 270 wsm and puttin a new barrel on my 7mag was going to do the 257 weatherby thing but decided not to. thanks for the reply

Welcome, glad to have you here. Lots of good folks-see you just met Roy:)-he's one of many good folks here. Also there's lots of good info. Enjoy.

Welcome aboard, you will find all the info you could ever need here. Really, this is a great forum with some great guys that are very knowledgeable.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.