Kansas upland season

Short Case

I been wondering how Quail and Pheasant hunting was this last season in Kansas
I was unable to hunt, had a bad accident with broken bones and didn't get to hunt
I always hunt around Hays to Colorado- Kansas border north of I-70
How was the bird number

Don

I went around dodge city on January 15th-19th. Wasn't good. Got one pheasant and one quail myself. All together we only got the one pheasant and maybe 10 quail. 5 people total brought 7 dogs.

Early season was good though.
Here is the one Rooster from the later hunt. Dropped him and the quail off at the taxidermy Saturday.

Attachments

• B75BB8C2-A80F-4774-837B-15C1A81CED20.jpeg
    B75BB8C2-A80F-4774-837B-15C1A81CED20.jpeg
    264.5 KB · Views: 125
Don, I felt numbers were overall down. Hunted alone with two good dogs. We killed birds and in some cases we killed limits but I was averaging 3 miles per rooster on some decent private ground. I am hopeful for good hatch conditions this year or I'll be headed north to SD a few times this year. Hope you get healed up there.

Don, I felt numbers were overall down. Hunted alone with two good dogs. We killed birds and in some cases we killed limits but I was averaging 3 miles per rooster on some decent private ground. I am hopeful for good hatch conditions this year or I'll be headed north to SD a few times this year. Hope you get healed up there.
Thanks for the information, I had 6 fracture all are heal up the only thing I'm working on is my right wrist, it's a little stiff wend I mount my shotgun

Don

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.