Kahles Binoculars

HPSOptic

Official LRH Sponsor

Now that birding season is in full swing and avid outdoorsmen, such as the members here of LongRangeHunting.com, are looking at new optics, especially binoculars, I'd like to provide some information on the Kahles line of Binoculars.

Kahles actually produces all of their products under one roof in a multi-million dollar manufacturing and testing facility in Austria, a little known fact here in the United States. The Kahles binoculars utilize their own optical prescription, one that is well proven and achieves crystal clear and very sharp images. What also makes these binoculars so great is the cost, which is nowhere near the high cost of other premium European binoculars that provide the same level of optical performance.

Kahles currently offers three models of binoculars; an 8X32, 8X42, and 10X42 binocular. These models cover nearly every need that a hunter or nature observer requires.

The 8X32 binocular is perfect for people looking for high performance in a very light weight package. The binocular weighs a scant 21.3 ounces in a 4.7 inch long package. One cool feature of this binocular is that it focuses down to 1.6 yards. I am 6' tall and can literally focus on my shoe laces while I am standing. This is a very cool feature for nature observers and hunters in thick stands of timber or river bottom woodlands. This binocular and has an apparent field of view of 58 degrees which provides 145 yards of view at 1000 yards distant. Personally, I love this binocular for its small package, light weight, and optical performance. Naturally, this is the binocular I chose from our selection as my personal binocular to purchase. Elk hunters across the world depend on this little super binocular to spot elk in dark timber while still hunting as well as for cross-canyon spotting of game.

The Kahles 8X42 is also optically stunning. It provides a field of view of 120 yards at 1000 yards away. This binocular is 5.5 inches long and weighs only 23.8 ounces. If you are a hunter that wants the 8X magnification but slightly better low light performance, this is the binocular for you. The 8X magnification and 42mm objective lenses provide excellent clarity, light transmission, and resolution in a very nice sized package.

Our last binocular currently in production is our 10X42 model. Again, this binocular has remarkable optics and provides a superior image to any other binocular at the same price point. Weighing in at 24.1 ounces and only 5.5 inches long, this is a binocular you can carry all day long and not be left wanting for something better. The field of view is 115 yards at 1000 yards distant. A review of these binoculars was posted here: http://www.longrangehunting.com/articles/kahles-10-42-binoculars-review-1.php

LongRangeHunting.com is a Kahles dealer, please contact them if you are interested in purchasing one of these binoculars. You will be receiving a binocular that provides the absolute best level of optical performance, without the associated high costs.

Anything in the works for broadening the non-scope lineup from Kahles? I love your optics, but would really like to see some long range tools, like a higher powered bino or a spotting scope.

Jeremy

There is another binocular in the works, but I don't have any details on it yet. We are also not looking into our own spotting scope design as this time, but it never hurts to request what you would like to see. Kahles has been very responsive to the U.S. market. I'll send up the request for you. Thanks for the comments.

Here are a couple pictures of the Kahles 8X32 binocular I took a couple days ago.

Attachments

• 100_0056.jpg
    100_0056.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 100_0057.jpg
    100_0057.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 286
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.