K&P barrels

I think QC at Pacific Tool would be on their best behavior when dealing with a customer like LRI. For the last barrel Chad fit and chambered for me I sent him my own reamer. :)

I think QC at Pacific Tool would be on their best behavior when dealing with a customer like LRI. For the last barrel Chad fit and chambered for me I sent him my own reamer. :)
He chambered my 7mm stw and its shoots great. No complaints with LRI

I inspected my reamer spec sheet carefully also. Still had to send it off to another reamer manufacturer for resharpening, after it failed to cleanly cut a single chamber as received.

Last edited:
I have one K&P barrel, think it is a 5 contour that they fluted for me. Chambered in 6.5saum, very accurate, love it. Wouldn't hesitate to order another barrel from them.

But Chad uses PT&G reamers, also.
I'm fairly certain that he started getting away fro pacific tool & gauge products awhile back. I remember reading that he was sh!! Full of their junk. But Chad recommends K&P barrels and they are good barrels. I have one in 6mm comp match. I was told that LRI is the #1 place to buy a K&P.

I'm fairly certain that he started getting away fro pacific tool & gauge products awhile back. I remember reading that he was sh!! Full of their junk. But Chad recommends K&P barrels and they are good barrels. I have one in 6mm comp match. I was told that LRI is the #1 place to buy a K&P.
That makes me feel alot better. I was worried that something made by pt&g had touched my rifle. I think I will be able to sleep ok tonight. I'm glad you posted this.

That makes me feel alot better. I was worried that something made by pt&g had touched my rifle. I think I will be able to sleep ok tonight. I'm glad you posted this.
Well I'm glad to help but chad and kiff were working together quite a bit the way I understand and then things started not working out very good for chad so he started getting away from pacific. Like I said this is the way I was understanding it but I know he was fairly upset about things and he was going the right direction for his clients and kiff wasn't coming through.

You can order directly from Ken or go through LRI. I did both, had Ken make mine to my spec and had Chad wrought iron flute it. Ken will make almost anything you ask. It also only took a few weeks instead of several months.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.