K&M Precision Arbor Press - Feedback Please

I have found the LEE dead length seater die to be very useful to get accurate OALs on a linkage press. I run the die body down until it contacts the shell holder enough to prevent cam over. I like to run mine down as far as possible, to get into the part of the ram stroke with less mechanical advantage. I get better feel that way. Then I adjust the bullet seating length. It eliminates linkage slop as a factor in OAL by creating a hard stop when the shell holder touches the die bottom. Somewhat similar to how an arbor die works.

If you already have a dial indicator you can use it on the K&M.
Also If you want to order direct from K&M I have a coupon code from a previous order. It's K22M22 good for 22% off good till 1 July 2022
Axl: Thanks so much for the discount coupon code! Greatly appreciated!!

Have the K+M press with Force Pack, would highly recommend. Get a mic seater, it's worth the extra $50 or so for ease of adjustment during testing. If you want to go full-rabbit hole the non-mic die is cheaper to add later, and you can still get shims from Brownells to be super-anal-retentive in adjusting the non-mic die.

I also thought the same way you did at first, oh I'll take this to the range with me. One honest bit of feedback about that - the LE WIlson in-line dies I use are more difficult to adjust than standard mic seater dies, and have more parts (base, chamber, seating cap, and the press as separate parts). So if you're looking to be able to re-seat bullets deeper at the range then a Forster mic seater and a Lee hand press are a very viable option just to nudge bullets deeper. One rig with no removeable parts, very similar control over seating depth. I use that set up to knock the pressure ladder down to the best of the 4 coarse depths.

If I was trying to final tune in 0.002 increments the arbor press and die hassle would be worth hauling it out there, but a hand press is good enough for the big jumps.
I hadn't thought of this option. Good feedback.
BTW.....just looked at the Lee website and searched for "handloader" and "hand loader" and didn't come up with anything. Is this an older or possibly discontinued product?

I hadn't thought of this option. Good feedback.
BTW.....just looked at the Lee website and searched for "handloader" and "hand loader" and didn't come up with anything. Is this an older or possibly discontinued product?
It's still around. Costs a bit more than when I bought lo those many years ago, but it's still kicking. I use mine with a universal decapper also, it holds spent primers in the ram so nothing goes popping out or floating around.

Amazon product ASIN B000NOQIFO

It's still around. Costs a bit more than when I bought lo those many years ago, but it's still kicking. I use mine with a universal decapper also, it holds spent primers in the ram so nothing goes popping out or floating around.

Amazon product ASIN B000NOQIFO
Looks interesting. I hadn't considered Lee products. How would you estimate the accuracy of the Lee Hand Press compared to an arbor press?

Looks interesting. I hadn't considered Lee products. How would you estimate the accuracy of the Lee Hand Press compared to an arbor press?
In the specific context of using a Forster or Redding style sleeved seating die with a mic top, it'll hit the mark quicker with fewer bits and pieces to mess around with than an arbor press.

This is an adjustment operation, not a total seating action so much of the "feel" claimed with an arbor press is irrelevant in this case. The majority of run out will be set with case sizing, neck expansion, and the initial seating operation. The sleeved seater dies are basically as good as you can get for a screw-in die, so they themselves shouldn't induce a bunch of run out.

I wouldn't use the hand press for primary seating, I'd have to hold it perfectly vertical and I'd probably end up spilling powder everywhere and cussing. And IMO an arbor press is definitely better on the bench - I prefer it over a regular press because the leverage is set up for seating versus the big press is set up for sizing power.

But for bumping bullets, hard to beat a hand press.