K-16 upper

It must have just been a bad batch or poorly matched sets. I had three "matched" receiver sets that were loose and I've never messed with them since.

Thanks for all the comments. I think I'm going to give it a try and see how it works out. If it doesn't I'll work on it until it shoots.

I purchased a K-16 a couple years back. I wanted a varmint rifle and already had 2 other AR's so I thought I would stick with the AR platform. Saw the K-16, 16" heavy barrel, full floated fore end, etc. Couldn't pass on the price and after doing some research, supposed to have good barrels, I purchased it. It shoots sub- moa, functions flawlessy, fit and finish are good, no problems fitting after market parts. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend for your intended purposes. It is a great value.
As far as rifles being mil-spec, I don't think mil-spec is the end all be all. The AR-10 platform has no mil-specs, so they must all be undependable and junk right? Even though the military (U.S., U.K.) is contracting for them?

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.