Just traded a used box of matches for an old mauser with a match barrel in 6.5-06 AI

Beelzebub

Can't find any load data anywhere that I would trust? Anyone have any loads they would care to share? I understand I would be using the data at my own peril and not hold anyone liable for my retardednesssim!

Thanks in advance
Bee

I don't have the AI version, but, I have a 6.5-06. I run the 140 Berger hybrid in an 8.5 twist bartlien using 54.5gr h1000 or 55gr RE 25. I figure that would be a good starting point for you because you should be north of that. I have some RE 26 on order, it's supposed to be better than the others for speed

I talked to the guys I got the gun from last night. He says it is a large ring. 1.100" X 12 thread Model 98 Argentine Mauser. He put a Shilen 1:9 twist 28" #5 contour Chromolly barrel on it. He had no luck with 140's but 130's did awesome. He just got tired of making brass for it he said.

He gave me a 6.5-06 AI neck sizing die and says he used a270 seating die. Think I'm gonna order a set of FL's and seating dies to match the caliber.

Any hints or secrets about trimming the brass before or after I neck size it?

thanks all,
Bee

I talked to the guys I got the gun from last night. He says it is a large ring. 1.100" X 12 thread Model 98 Argentine Mauser. He put a Shilen 1:9 twist 28" #5 contour Chromolly barrel on it. He had no luck with 140's but 130's did awesome. He just got tired of making brass for it he said.

He gave me a 6.5-06 AI neck sizing die and says he used a270 seating die. Think I'm gonna order a set of FL's and seating dies to match the caliber.

Any hints or secrets about trimming the brass before or after I neck size it?

thanks all,
Bee

I make my brass from 30-06 brass, there isn't any trimming but I do turn them because of how much the brass thickens up...

I make my brass from 30-06 brass, there isn't any trimming but I do turn them because of how much the brass thickens up...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's what I was talking bout. I just picked up the die and the Lee case turning tool. Gonna be a learning curve with this little finicky thing I'm sure. tks

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

That's what I was talking bout. I just picked up the die and the Lee case turning tool. Gonna be a learning curve with this little finicky thing I'm sure. tks

I normally turn the necks to where it's the same thickness all the way around. I pull my decapping setup out of the die to reform to the 6.5 neck and etc. Because it could get stuck due to the thick necks. Ask me how I know.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.