Just scored a new moutain rifle for 675

Oldschool280

I was on the lookout for something for my sons to hunt with and there it was at a local gunshop 7mm-08 , last one for under 700 bucks. I thought that was a total score and didnt waste any time and took that bad boy home. What a nice light short little rig. Gonna take them hog hunting in April. Too bad he didnt have the matching scope handy. Santa has nothing on me

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 93
The kid's got a very good hearted dad. I hope 20 or 30 years from now when he hands it down to his kids he's got a lot of great stories to pass along with it.

Most of the best memories I have of my father and my youth are tied to guns sitting in our gun cabinet today.

The kid's got a very good hearted dad. I hope 20 or 30 years from now when he hands it down to his kids he's got a lot of great stories to pass along with it.

Most of the best memories I have of my father and my youth are tied to guns sitting in our gun cabinet today.

Thank you for your kind words, that was the idea i had the moment i saw it. Not a hint of buyers regret this time! Im so excited to make them some confidence inspiring loads and watch them shake a little after the first bang flop. Happy shooting!

Thank you for your kind words, that was the idea i had the moment i saw it. Not a hint of buyers regret this time! Im so excited to make them some confidence inspiring loads and watch them shake a little after the first bang flop. Happy shooting!
Start them off with 120gr class bullets so they can learn to shoot without recoil being a consideration. The habits they learn now will be with them for life and if they develop a flinch young it can be extremely difficult to get rid of later.

You're being a good dad and those are unfortunately rare these days.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.