Just recieved my vectronix plrf05 rangefinder!!!!!

shortpants

I brought them to work with me this afternoon to put it to the test. I work at Sky Harbor airport here in Phoenix AZ where the temps are easily 120*-160* today during this initial test. You cant possibly get more mirage than right behind a large passenger plane waiting to take off. I hit the range button aiming the RF past the tail of the plane to a dirt berm at least twice the distance from me as the plane and immediately got a reading back just shy of 1200yds. Yes the target was large but the conditions don't get much worse (bright and sunny with full jet blast between the target and myself). I then hit a few buildings and billboards off the airport from 1900yds.-2500yds. Awesome, but yes they are very large targets. I then ranged the top of a crane which is not a solid target at 1991yds. Ok now for some real fun, I ranged a tree at 3103yds!!!!!!!

This is just my first day with my new toy and I know this is not very scientific here but I think I'm really going to love this thing. There's very little feedback anywhere about them so I thought I'd share. I'll add to this as soon as I get time to get out in the field with them.

Still having fun at work, I took it to the top of the parking garage which puts me overlooking Phoenix to see just how far this thing would read. I got a reading of 4914yds off the side of a tall building! I know using them after dark is cheating but I'm just having fun!

My experience with them sounds a lot like yours, they range everything every time.......the only issue I have found is the low magnification. For a rangefinder with this power, the low magnification is the limiting factor.

Had them up in the mountains this weekend and ranged some trees and a bluff at about 2500 yds. It was a heavily forested area so glassing up an animal was not possible. Still having fun!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.