Just purchased an HS Precision stock

Southernfryedyankee

For my primary hunting rifle. Would I be better served by a hinged floor plate with trigger guard or the Remington factory DBM bottom metal and clip. I had my heart set on the hinged floorplate until i realized I could get the bottom metal for a DBM also. Does anyone use a Rem factory DBM, if so how do you like it?It is for a Remington 700

I like the factory DBM, but you have to have a different stock. I think that the factory DBM actions may have some differences in the feed rails also. If your gun was BDL or ADL before I would go back BDL.

I like the factory DBM, but you have to have a different stock. I think that the factory DBM actions may have some differences in the feed rails also. If your gun was BDL or ADL before I would go back BDL.

The stock I ordered is a BDL, Someone mentioned I may have to do a lil inletting for it to fit perfectly. That is the beauty of owning a dremel.

If you want it to fit like it should take that dremel and grind away about 1/8" off the front of the aluminum lug. This is where the back of the recoil lug is supposed to contact. Now add some bedding compound and your ready to go. Well after a half hour or so of cleaning up the release agent then your ready to go.

Southernfryedyankee,

I have Rem 700 In 7MM Rem Mag with a DBM. I have had it for over 10 years an really like it. I have not had any trouble with it. I bought a Bell & Carlson stock for it 7 years ago or so (the DBM model) and it works well in the Bell & Carlson stock too.

I have Rem 700's with the hinged floor plate and can't say which I like better. I have not had any trouble with either one.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.